The next issue of Disney twenty-three could very well be worth fighting for. To coincide with the arrival of Mulan in theaters on March 27th, the cover of Disney twenty-three will be featuring Mulan in a battle stance. This accompanies a feature on the film and the people that helped make this film. Expect there to be some incredible tidbits gleaned from the making of Mulan and also awesome photos.
Disney and Pixar’s Onward will be making its way to the screen on March 6th. For this edition of Disney twenty-three, Chris Pratt will be joined by other members of the Onward team to talk about how this movie was made. In it, Chris Pratt talks about acting with Tom Holland, ironically both of whom recently appeared in Avengers: Endgame. Pratt shared that “Tom really is like a little brother to me, and you see that in this movie.”
Scarlett Johansson, who also appeared in Avengers: Endgame, is returning to the title role for Black Widow. She is joined by her costar Florence Pugh to talk about the movie as well.
This year Earth Day celebrates its 50th anniversary. The Disney Conservation Fund also celebrates its 35th anniversary. For Earth Month, Disney twenty-three takes a look at the legacy that The Walt Disney Company has with conservation. This originates with Walt Disney himself. This legacy continues and grows as time moves forward and this edition takes a look at that. Disney continues Walt Disney’s vision through the Disneynature films, its conservation efforts, new specials that will be appearing on Disney+, and now also National Geographic’s enduring efforts to protect nature. It also includes an interview with Jane Goodall, one of the worlds pre-eminent primatologists and anthropologists.
There are several other features that will be included with this edition of Disney twenty-three as well. They include:
- An oral history of A Goofy Movie—in honor of its 25th anniversary—with the stars and director of the fan-favorite film
- Todrick Hall talks about crafting the music for the new Magic Happens parade at Disneyland
- A first look at the dazzling new show Drawn to Life, a breathtaking partnership between Cirque du Soleil, Walt Disney Imagineering, and Walt Disney Animation Studios coming to Walt Disney World Resort this spring
- The voice cast of Star Wars: The Clone Wars prepares us for the stunning final season coming to Disney+
- Grace VanderWaal and the cast of Stargirl talk about adapting the YA favorite into a Disney+ original
- A sneak peek at Inside the Walt Disney Archives: 50 Years of Preserving the Magic, an exhibition of more than 400 treasures opening this March at the Bowers Museum in Santa Ana, Calif.
- Regular features including From the Desk Of, By the Numbers, Character Analysis, D Society, and Ask the Walt Disney Archives
Disney twenty-three is created exclusively for D23 Gold and Gold Family Members as a part of their membership package. The magazine is sent out quarterly and this edition should be arriving sometime in February. What do you think of all that is slated to be in it? Are you excited to get it? Are you a D23 Gold or Gold Family Member? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
If you aren’t a member already, you can join D23 at D23.com.