Today Disneyland introduced a new annual passport for guests visiting the Disneyland Resort. The Disney Flex Passport will offer guests the chance to plan their trips to the Disneyland Resort with options that match their desires for upcoming visits. The new annual pass will be offered for $599 starting on May 21st. The Disney Flex Passport gives guests access to Disneyland or Disney California Adventure on “Good to Go” days* through a reservation system.
How it Works
The Disney Flex Passport will be available for guests to visit Disneyland or Disney California Adventure on specific “Good to Go” dates. There will be some blockout dates. There will also be dates that are available for guests to make reservations to visit on other days. Reservations can be made via the Disneyland app or online. They can also be made for other Disney Flex Passholders if they are linked to your account as well. Here are some more details:
- Making Reservations
- Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance.
- A Disney Flex Passholder can hold two reserved days in a 30-day period.
- Reservations will be able to be made on the My Annual Passports page (coming soon) of the Disneyland website or the Tickets and Passes screen on the Disneyland app.
- A new reservation can be made when the first of the two reserved days has passed or been canceled.
- Canceling Reservations
- Reservations can be canceled up until 11:59 PM the night before the reservation date.
- Reservations can be canceled via the My Annual Passports page (coming soon) of the Disneyland website or the Tickets and Passes screen on the Disneyland app.
- There are no limits on how many reservations that can be canceled.
- “No Shows”
- Passholders who have three “no shows” within a 90 day period will be unable to make a new reservation for 30 days.
- A day will not be considered a “no show” as long as the Disney Flex Passholder enters the park where the reservation is held before the end of the operating day.
- If reservations are for both parks, it only requires the Disney Flex Passholder to enter one park to avoid being a “no show.”
- Reservations Extras
- Reservations can only be made on “Reservation Required” dates.
- Reservations are limited and subject to availability.
- When all reservations have been made on a “Reservation Required” date, that date then becomes “Reservation Unavailable” date. These dates can be checked on Admission Calendar.
- Along with “Reservation Required” and “Reservation Unavailable” dates, there are also “Good to Go” dates that don’t require a reservation. There are also some limited blockout dates.
This pass is being billed as another way to make the Disneyland Resort available to different budgets for different guests. As with other passes, there is a monthly payment plan available for California residents**. The Disney Flex Pass also has other Annual Pass benefits that include dining and merchandise discounts***.
The arrival of the Disney Flex Pass comes ahead of the opening of the Disneyland Resort’s biggest expansion, Star Wars: Galaxy’s EdgeϮ. This new land opens on May 31st and will require separate reservations through June 23rd. In 2020, a new Super Hero-themed land will be opening at Disney California Adventure.
*The number of reservations available each day is limited. Theme park admission and access to experiences and services may be restricted or unavailable due to capacity, closures or other factors. Admission excludes activities/events separately priced. Please see Disneyland.com/FlexPassport for restrictions on reservations and for the full rules and policies of the Disney Flex Passport. Attractions, entertainment and offerings subject to change without notice.
**Monthly Payments option valid only for California Residents, 18 years or older with valid ID, and living in ZIP Codes 90000–96199. Subject to restrictions, including a retail installment agreement, and change without notice.
***Check Disneyland.com/apdiscounts for applicable dining and merchandise offer restrictions and expiration dates.
ϮReservations and valid theme park admission required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23, 2019. After June 23, no reservations required, and Disneyland® Park, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences will be subject to capacity.