Are you ready to hit the court? In just a few short months, Walt Disney World wants to invite you to be a basketball superstar! The NBA Experience, opening August 12, will be packed with 13 interactive elements and hands-on activities across 44,000 square feet and two floors in Disney Springs.
Check out this video below to hear was Walt Disney Imagineer Stan Dodd has to say on the project!
Of course, Disney has used all of the regular attention to detail! When you walk into the experience, you will feel like you have walked out of a tunnel and onto the court. Once you’re in, there is so much to do! We’re excited to share some new details with you!
New Details on NBA Experience
- A ticket to NBA Experience grants you access to every activity and you can return to stations multiple times to try and improve your performance or learn more about the game
- In an activity that tests shooting skills, spots will light up on the court as you move from one location to another attempting to sink as many shots as possible
- In a slam dunk challenge, you can change the height of a standard 10-foot-tall rim to as low as seven feet – captured by burst photography.
- See how you stack up to some of the world’s best basketball players by measuring your vertical leap, wingspan, and shooting and dribbling skills.
- Personalize activities with your name and your favorite NBA or WNBA teams
- Real-time technology will populate stats of NBA and WNBA games and players for continuous updates, while leaderboards will show top NBA Experience performers throughout the day