Holiday Time at the Disneyland Resort runs from Nov. 9, 2018, through Jan. 6, 2019. During this time the happiest place on Earth becomes the merriest place on Earth! Extra magic is shared all around the Disneyland Resort and staying on property becomes even more of a magical experience! Ahead of this special time of year, the Disneyland Resort has shared eight reasons to stay at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels. Check them out here:
- Christmas Trees, Décor and More: Throughout the Disneyland Resort hotels, there are Christmas trees and holiday decoration to be found everywhere. To say these festive decorations are beautiful would be an understatement! The Disneyland Resort shares that the “Craftsman-inspired décor at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa extends to the holiday decorations, from garland woven with natural materials to the towering Christmas tree lit with “arts and crafts” motif lanterns. The midcentury Disneyland Hotel receives a retro-holiday makeover with silver trees and bright colors. The nautical theming at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel features blue, green and silver holiday décor—along with shells and starfish garland—to create a beachy holiday setting.”
- Deals: There are lots of deals to be had at the Disneyland Resort hotels during the holiday seasons. There are up to 25 percent savings on select rooms at Hotels of the Disneyland Resort on select Sunday-Thursday evenings through Dec. 20, 2018. Guests can save up to 20 percent on standard rooms and 25 percent on premium rooms at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa; up to 15 percent on standard rooms and 20 percent on premium rooms at Disneyland Hotel, and up to 10 percent on premium rooms at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
- The Grand Gingerbread House and Holiday Treats: Each year in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa a beautiful gingerbread house is erected. It is always impressive and beautiful! It is seven feet tall and twelve feet wide and can be found in the lobby. It is made up of more than 600 pounds of gingerbread, 600 pounds of powdered sugar, 250 pounds of fondant, 1 pound of pixie dust and features 25 hidden Mickeys. After seeing this creation generally guests find themselves craving some sweet treats. Thankfully, they can be purchased nearby.
- Santa Claus: Santa Claus is coming to town! Well, he’s coming to the hotels. From Nov. 22 through Dec. 24 Santa will be visiting the three hotels. He won’t be the only one though. There will also be carolers to be found and vocal performers at various times in the various hotels.
- A Very Merry Holiday Tea Party: Visit the Disneyland Hotel for this seasonal tea party. It is a traditional afternoon tea with a bit of Disney magic. This very merry holiday tea party will be offered from Nov. 16 – Dec. 31. There are multiple special treats to eat that include the Monte Cristo donut with lingonberry jam, cucumber hummus, smoked salmon pumpernickel, a classic British curry chicken sandwich, chocolate “coal” scones and desserts shaped in holiday wreaths, snowmen and Mickey in a Christmas hat. Seasonal teas include an apple pie green tea, an herbal sugar plum rooibos and a nutcracker black tea with hints of hazelnut and vanilla. Specialty cocktails feature a pear martini cocktail and a peppermint champagne spritz. Reservations are suggested and can be made on Disneyland.com, the Disneyland App or by calling the Dine Line at 714-781-DINE.
- Extra Magic Hour: This is an exclusive offering to guests staying at the Disneyland Resort hotels. It offers the hotel guests a chance to get into the parks an hour earlier than regular day guests on specific days. Hotel guests do need valid theme park admission to access the Extra Magic Hour*.
- Christmas Trees Delivered In Room: For an extra special dose of magic, a four-foot Christmas tree can be delivered to rooms at the three Disneyland Resort hotels. It is a pre-lit Christmas tree with holiday décor and gift baskets. There are also candy canes, gingerbread-flavored popcorn, and frosted pretzels. After the visit is over, the tree can be sent home!**
- Holiday Shopping: There are plenty of shopping options at the Disneyland Resort hotels. Each hotel has its own gift shop. Then just a short walk away guests can go shopping at the Downtown Disney District, including the recently re-opened World of Disney!
The Disneyland Resort is the most magical place on Earth to visit during the holidays. Staying on property at one of the Disneyland Resort hotels just adds to that magic! Hotels can be booked at Disneyland.com. Which hotel do you wish you were staying at during the holidays at the Disneyland Resort? Let us know in the comments below!
* Extra Magic Hour valid for registered Disneyland® Resort Hotel Guests for admission to the designated theme park before the park opens to the general public. Check Disneyland.com for schedule of when each park offers Extra Magic Hour. Each registered hotel Guest (ages 3 and older) must have a valid theme park ticket and active hotel room key card. Applicable theme park, days and times of operation and attractions and services availability may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity, cancellation and other restrictions.
**Additional costs apply.
ϮSavings based on the non-discounted price for the same room at the same hotel for most Sunday through Thursday nights through 12/20/18. Book through 12/6/18; travel must be completed by 12/21/18. Premium room types included in offer are Premium, Deluxe and Woods/Garden/Courtyard rooms; select Concierge rooms; and only Paradise, Artisan, Junior and Regal suites. Not valid on previously booked rooms. Advance reservations required. Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Excludes applicable fees and taxes. Limit two (2) rooms per reservation, and occupancy restrictions apply per room. Not valid in combination with any other hotel discounts or offers. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Separate Theme Park admission required to enjoy the Parks.