CHOC Walk in the Park will be held this year on August 26, 2018. This incredible event will give guests a chance to support CHOC Children’s as they walk through the Disneyland Resort. During the walk, they will see some of their favorite Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, and Pixar characters. Entertainment will also be found throughout this 5K walk. But most importantly, it will have thousands of people coming together to make a big difference.
There are several things to know when preparing for the big day. Before arriving at the parks, here are a few tips to set up for a great morning:
- Wear comfortable walking shoes. You’ll be walking a 5k.
- Layer your clothes. It might start out “cool” in the morning but by the time the walk is over, it usually has warmed up.
- Wear sunscreen and protect yourself from the sun. Hats and sunglasses are also a good idea.
- Make sure and hydrate! Drink water before the walk and carry it with you.
- Connect with your team contact person.
- Make sure that they have your number and you have theirs. It makes meeting up so much easier in the morning!
- Know when and where you are meeting with your team so you can plan accordingly.
- Allow more time than you think you need for parking and getting from the Mickey and Friend’s parking structure.
- Bring your smile! You are making a great difference for a lot of kids! Yes, it’s early but it’s worth it!
- The Mickey and Friends Parking Structure will open at 4:00 AM.
- Parking will be free for this event for all participants.
- There will be no trams running so participants will need to walk from the structure to the Disneyland Resort.
CHOC Walk in the Park Day Details
- CHOC Walk information booth will open in the Esplanade at 5:00 AM at Ticket Booth #8.
- The CHOC Walk in the Park kicks off officially on Main Street, USA at 6:15 with its opening ceremony. (meet with your team before)
- Participants can continue to enter the park for the CHOC Walk in the Park until 8:00 AM.
Discount tickets can be purchased on the day of CHOC Walk in the Park with the use of a CHOC Walk wristband. The tickets have the following prices:
- $61 for a one day, one park ticket.
- $87 for a one day, park hopper ticket.
Tickets are valid August 26, 2018, through September 27, 2018, with the following blockout dates:
- 8/31–9/3, 9/7–9/8, 9/14–9/15, 9/17, 9/21–9/22
There is a limit of 5 Disneyland Resort tickets that can be purchased per wristband. The wristband also must be worn at the time of purchase. Tickets can only be purchased in this manner on August 26, 2018. They can be purchased at any ticket booth or additional ticket cart in the Esplanade at the Disneyland Resort.
CHOC Walk is always a wonderfully fun event that also makes an incredible difference. If you would still like to support the walk, please do so at chocwalk.org/dapsmagic!