NASCAR community welcomes #95 to a new “Cars 3” exhibit at the NASCAR Hall of Fame as the high-octane hit prepares to cross the finish line on Digital Oct. 24 and Blu-ray Nov. 7
Last night, NASCAR racing legends and executives joined “Cars 3” filmmakers and voice actors to welcome world-champion racer Lightning McQueen, #95, to the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Lightning, along with numerous NASCAR-inspired characters from Disney•Pixar’s “Cars 3,” are making an almost seven-month pit stop in a hands-on, family-friendly exhibit in the Great Hall, as they gear up for the arrival of “Cars 3” digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ on Oct. 24, and on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD™ and Blu-ray™ on Nov. 7.
“We are honored to showcase the NASCAR stories, characters and locations that inspired the world of ‘Cars,’ in this new special exhibit,” says NASCAR Hall of Fame Executive Director Winston Kelley. “And we’re excited for our friend Lightning McQueen to join us in welcoming guests from around the world, including the next generation of young fans, as they discover the rich history and heritage of NASCAR.”
Through May of 2018, visitors to the NASCAR Hall of Fame will get the chance to enjoy an action-packed animation spectacular featuring a full-size, fiberglass replica of Lightning McQueen from “Cars 3,” hands-on kids activities as well as 16 displays that feature renderings, biographies and artifacts from real-life NASCAR personalities who contributed their voices and stories to the movie. Featured legends include Ray Evernham (voice of Ray Reverham), Kyle Petty (voice of Cal Weathers), Jeff Gordon (voice of Jeff Gorvette) and Junior Johnson (voice to Junior “Midnight” Moon), as well as young drivers like Chase Elliott (voice of Chase Racelott), Ryan Blaney (voice of Ryan “Inside” Laney), Daniel Suárez (voice of Danny Swervez) and Bubba Wallace (voice of Bubba Wheelhouse).
“When developing ‘Cars 3,’ we consulted and recruited NASCAR greats, from rookie drivers and legends to the voices behind the sport,” says director Brian Fee. “They revealed what happens behind the scenes of racing and helped bring the film’s characters to life. To see them displayed at the NASCAR Hall of Fame—a shrine to the history and heritage of NASCAR—is a real thrill.”
The evening’s events included a VIP reception/Panel to celebrate the new “Cars 3” exhibit. Attendees included:
- “Cars 3” filmmakers including director Brian Fee, producer Kevin Reher and creative director Jay Ward
- Ray Evernham (Class of 2018 Hall of Fame Inductee /voice of Ray Reverham)
- Richard “The King” Petty (NASCAR retired driver/voice of “The King”)
- Kyle Petty (third-generation NASCAR driver and NBC Sports Network analyst & voice of Cal Weathers in “Cars 3”)
- Junior Johnson (voice to Junior “Midnight” Moon)
- Shannon Spake (NASCAR Correspondent/Voice of “Shannon Spokes”)
- Winston Kelley (NASCAR Hall of Fame Executive Director)
- Buz McKim (NASCAR Hall of Fame Historian)
- Kevin Schlesier (NASCAR Hall of Fame Director of Exhibits)