Glendale, Calif., Feb. 6, 2013 — Disney Consumer Products (DCP) has unveiled its newest film-inspired product collection based on the highly anticipated Oz The Great and Powerful, in theaters March 8th. In collaboration with leading brands including CDI, Jem, Sue Wong, Joe Vilaiwan, Jerome C. Rousseau, Tollytots and more, the product collection spans couture fashions, apparel, designer shoes, accessories, limited edition costumes and toys inspired by the film starring James Franco, Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz, Michelle Williams and Zach Braff.
Designed with the fantasy of Disney’s film and its colorful characters in mind, the new product line features a bold color palette, vibrant designs and innovative toys that embody the new personalities and beloved characteristics of Oz The Great and Powerful
“This assortment of Oz The Great and Powerful product reflects the spectacular adventure and stunning world showcased in the film,” said Jonathan Symington, vice president of licensing for Disney Live Action Studios at Disney Consumer Products. “From limited edition dresses and dolls to a high-end fashion line, we have developed an exciting collection of beautiful and unique products that is sure to delight fans of all ages.”
The Oz The Great and Powerful collection of products is available now at boutiques, national retailers, Disney Store locations nationwide and at DisneyStore.com.
OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL PRODUCT ASSORTMENT
- Limited Edition Glinda and Wicked Witch Costumes for Adults: These exclusive costume gowns were designed with the look and feel of the real costumes worn by Glinda and the Wicked Witch in Oz The Great and Powerful. Limited to an edition of 300 each, both gowns feature couture fashion detailing and embellishments, including real feathers, delicate lace and leather. Available only at select Disney Store locations and at DisneyStore.com. (Price: $349.50-$399.50)
- Deluxe Glinda Costume and China Girl Costume for Girls: With designs inspired by Glinda and China Girl’s costumes in Oz The Great and Powerful, these beautiful costume gowns feature authentic detailing and are made for play time all year long. Accessories sold separately, available exclusively at select Disney Store locations and at DisneyStore.com. (Price: $39.50-$79.50)
- Oz The Great and Powerful Doll Collection: A collection of beautiful dolls, designed after everyone’s favorite characters from Oz The Great and Powerful. These 11.5″ dolls feature Oz, Glinda, Theodora and Evanora. Available exclusively at Disney Store and DisneyStore.com. (Price: $34.50 each)
Oz The Great and Powerful Designer Fashions and Shoes:
- Be transported with these fashion-forward graphic tees that capture the adventure, beauty and mystery of Oz The Great and Powerful. Available exclusively at Macy’s. (SRP: $19.99-$29.99)
- This glamorous dress collection from designer Sue Wong captures the enchanting looks of the characters of Oz The Great and Powerful. The collection draws from the glamorous styles seen in the film, and is inspired by Evanora, Theodora, Glinda and China Girl.
- Capture the glamour and sophistication of Oz The Great and Powerful with this specialty collection of fine jewelry from Joe Vilaiwan. Fifty-two styles available at specialty retailers. (SRP: $200-$800)
- High-fashion Jerome Rousseau shoes evokes the style and glamour of Oz The Great and Powerful. Available at Bloomingdales, Saks Fifth Avenue and Yook, with a special silver shoe available exclusively at Shoescribe.com. (SRP: $600)
Oz The Great and Powerful Toys and Costumes:
- Enter the magical world of Oz The Great and Powerful with this spellbinding necklace and ring set. Set includes Evanora’s signature necklace with flip feature and Theodora’s ring complete with spinning jewel. (SRP $7.99)
- Become a part of the magical world of Oz The Great and Powerful with Glinda’s Signature Tiara and Light up Wand. Tiara features a hanging jewel just like the one from the film, and the Wand lights up with a touch of a button. (SRP $14.99)
- Dress up and play in reversible tutus inspired by each of the Witches from Oz The Great and Powerful: Evanora, Theodora and Glinda. Each tutu has two totally different looks and comes with a unique hair piece and Oz The Great and Powerful charm. (SRP $14.99)
- Oz is ready for all the adventure that awaits him on his journey through the strange and vibrant land. The Oz fashion doll (SRP $12.99) is dressed in a coat and top hat with his travel bag. He carries China Girl, a porcelain girl that he befriends and takes under his wing during his adventure.
Additionally, Disney Press, an imprint of Disney Publishing Worldwide, has released several titles in print and eBook form in support of the feature film, including Oz The Great and Powerful Movie Storybook; Oz The Great and Powerful a Magical Sticker Set; World of Reading: The Land of Oz; The Witches of Oz 8×8 picture book; a junior novel; and The Art of Oz The Great and Powerfulwritten by the film’s Executive Producer Grant Curtis. L. Frank Baum’s The Marvelous Land of Ozand The Wonderful Wizard of Oz were also re-released under the Disney Press imprint.
To download images of Disney’s Oz The Great and Powerful product collection, please visithttp://bit.ly/OzAssortment. Additionally, for a behind-the-scenes video featuring fashion designer Sue Wong as she reveals her creative process for the glamorous styles inspired by Oz The Great and Powerful, please visit http://bit.ly/SueWongDesignVideo.
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP), the world’s largest licensor, is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) and its affiliates that extends the Disney and Marvel brands to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys, home décor and books to food and beverages, stationery, electronics and fine art. DCP develops Disney entertainment franchises into 365 day-a-year product opportunities at retailers worldwide. DCP is comprised of three businesses: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around six strategic brand priorities: Disney Classic Characters & Disney Moms and Babies, Disney Media Networks & Games, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Disney Fairies, Disney Live Action Film, and Marvel. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world’s largest publisher of children’s books, magazines, and digital products. Disney English is DPW’s English language learning business, which includes over 35 Disney English learning centers across China and a supplemental learning book program. DPW’s growing library of digital products includes best-selling eBook titles and original apps. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe, and Japan with more than 350 stores worldwide. Disney Store carries high-quality products, including exclusive merchandise tied to key Disney and Marvel entertainment offerings. www.DisneyStore.com andwww.DisneyStore.co.uk are Disney’s official online shopping portals. For more information, please visit Disney Consumer Products or follow us at www.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving,www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving and www.Twitter.com/DisneyLiving.
About Disney’s Oz The Great and Powerful
Disney’s fantastical adventure “Oz The Great and Powerful,” directed by Sam Raimi, imagines the origins of L. Frank Baum’s beloved wizard character. When Oscar Diggs (James Franco), a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he’s hit the jackpot—fame and fortune are his for the taking—that is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone’s been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late. Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity—and even a bit of wizardry—Oscar transforms himself not only into the great wizard but into a better man as well.
“Oz The Great and Powerful” is produced by Joe Roth, with screen story by Mitchell Kapner and screenplay by Mitchell Kapner and David Lindsay-Abaire. Grant Curtis, Palak Patel, Josh Donen and Philip Steuer are serving as executive producers. “Oz The Great and Powerful” opens in U.S. theaters on March 8, 2013.