GOLDEN GLOBE® NOMINATED FOR
BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
Marking aDisney first, Wreck-It Ralph Released with an Early Debut of the
HD Digital and HD Digital 3D Versions – Available for Purchase on February 12, 2013
Followed by the Blu-ray™Combo Pack, Blu-ray 3D™, DVD, SD Digital and
On-DemandDebuts March 5, 2013
Burbank, Calif., January 3, 2013 – Walt Disney Animation Studios announces the debut of the hit arcade-game-hopping adventure “Wreck-It Ralph” marking a Disney first with the early release of the HD Digital and HD Digital 3D on February 12, 2013, followed by the 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, SD Digital and On-Demand release on March 5, 2013.
From Walt Disney Animation Studios, “Wreck-It Ralph” takes viewers on a hilarious journey. For decades, Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) has played the bad guy in his popular video game. In a bold move, he embarks on an action-packed adventure and sets out to prove to everyone that he is a true hero with a big heart. As he explores exciting new worlds, he teams up withsome unlikely new friends including feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman). The film is directed by Emmy®-winner Rich Moore.
Featuring an all-star voice cast including Jack McBrayer as the voice of Fix It Felix, Jr. and Jane Lynch as the voice of Sgt. Calhoun, plus breakthrough bonus features that take viewers even deeper into the world of video games, Disney’s “Wreck-It Ralph” has something for every player. Over an hour of all-new bonus material is featured on the Digital and Blu-ray Combo Pack, including deleted and alternate scenes, the theatrical short “Paperman,” plus much more.
The home entertainment debut of “Wreck-It Ralph” will be available in multiple ways, containing exciting all-new bonus features that extend the fun-filled movie experience.
Bonus Materials Overview for These Products:
4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray +DVD + Digital Copy)
2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray +DVD)
· Bit by Bit: Creating the Worlds of “Wreck-It Ralph” – Fans of the film will get a look at five new worlds created for “Wreck-It Ralph.” The short takes viewers into Game Central Station with the artists who brought Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty and Fix It Felix Jr. to life.
· Alternate & Deleted Scenes – Four separate scenes are highlighted with an introduction and optional audio commentary from director Rich Moore.
· Video Game Commercials –Viewers can check out the commercials created for the video games featured in the film – Fix It Felix Jr., Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty and Fix It Felix Hammer.
· “Paperman” – This animated short film played in theaters before “Wreck It Ralph.” It tells the story of a young man in an office who sees the girl of his dreams in a skyscraper window across the street. But how can he get her attention?
Blu-ray Exclusive Bonus Materials
· DisneyIntermission: The Gamer’s Guide to “Wreck-It-Ralph” – When the film is paused, host Chris Hardwick appears on screen to guide viewers through a series of 10 video segments offering an inside look at the many video game references, Disney references and other hidden surprises featured in the film.
Suggested Retail 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack
Prices: (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray +DVD + Digital Copy)
$49.99 US and $56.99 Canada
2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack
$39.99 US and $46.99 Canada
$29.99 US and $35.99 Canada
Digital and On-Demand
Consumers should check with their television provider or preferred digital retailer for pricing and additional information
Feature Run Time: Approximately 101 minutes
Rating: Feature Film: “PG” in U.S. and Canada
Additional Bonus Features Not Rated
Aspect Ratio: Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray Feature Film = 2.39:1 1080p High Definition
DVD Feature Film Film = 2.39:1 – Enhanced for 16×9 Televisions
Audio: Blu-ray 3D Film = English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and DVD 2.0 Dolby Digital
Blu-ray Feature Film = English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
DVD Feature Film = English 5.1 and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital; Spanish (U.S. Only) and French (Canada Only) 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
Languages: Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray Feature Film = English SDH, French and Spanish Subtitles
DVD Feature Film = English SDH; Spanish(U.S. Only) and French (Canada Only) Subtitles
Stay connected with the latest news and information about “Wreck It Ralph”:
· “Like” us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/WreckItRalph
· Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyAnimation
· Website and Mobile Site: www.Disney.com/WreckItRalph
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For more than 85 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The WaltDisney Company (DIS: NYSE) was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under four banners: Walt Disney Pictures, which includes Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Touchstone Pictures and Marvel. Original music and motion picture soundtracks are produced under Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records, while Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Broadway theatrical productions, Disney on Ice and Disney LIVE!. For more information, please visit www.disney.com.