Welcome to The DAPsies! This is the ultimate awards show that is the only one you need to watch.
As with all years, The DAPsies cover the categories of Movies, YouTube, People, Geekdom, and The Corner. Without further adieu, here is The DAPsies:
- Ant-Man – Award for best named animal companion. (Ant-ony)
- Jurassic World – Best product placement for Clorox Bleach award.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – The most likely to make a geek make a stupid face award.
- James Bond: SPECTRE – The “where’d the movie go?” after the opening sequence award.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – The best.
- What Happens When We Put 3 BB-8s in a Room – Best shameless promotion of our own video in this award show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxRygBDqsOg
- Corgies – The best setting unrealistic relationship goals for dogs award.
- Silverback Gorilla Video – Best new brown pants award. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK67kaMWN-8&feature=player_embedded
- Super Bowl of Lip Sync Battles – The Time of My Life Award https://youtu.be/HvRypx1lbR4
- Guy on a Buffalo – Video series you still needed in your life award. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ4T9CQA0UM
Song: Don’t Stop The Geeking
- Harrison Ford – Best use of “old man scowl” award.
- Daisy Ridley – Best “leading man” award.
- Josh Trank – The award for ruining your chances to make a Star Wars movie because you ruined a Marvel one. (Dropped from Rogue One due to Fantastic Four)
- John Williams – The “He’s Still Got it” Award
- Benedict Cumberbatch – The swiss army knife of geeky intimidation characters award.
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter – The best “Disney’s kicking itself for not buying intellectual rights” award.
- BB-8 – Best use of gene splicing between corgies and robots.
- Star Wars Celebration – Best instance of millions of geeks crying out at once and then suddenly silenced… by a trailer.
- D23-Expo – The “I wish I was like Star Wars Celebration” award.
- Disneyland 60 – Best use of a bedazzling gun award.
- @MissBailey_C – Honorary president of our non-existent fan club award.
- @MikeyLikey25 (Mikey Really Likey) – The “I take a bad idea and make a good YouTube video” award.
- @LaDivaJenny – Floating Heads Award
- @Caitiebear13 – The ‘I can make a latte look like a trilby for Mr. DAPs’ award.
- Amanda Jane of Amanda Jane Designs – The Guest We Can’t Get Rid of Award
We hope you have enjoyed this year’s DAPsies awards. Please feel free to suggest awards for next year!
Latest posts by Mr. DAPs (see all)
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios to Get New Pub - July 26, 2017
- Untitled Han Solo Movie to be Scored by John Powell - July 26, 2017
- Pixar Inspired Medals Unveiled for Disneyland Half-Marathon - July 26, 2017