After Sold-Out U.S. Tour This Spring, D23: The Official Disney Fan Club
to Thrill Disney Enthusiasts in Philadelphia, Seattle, Dallas and Atlanta
BURBANK, Calif. – August 2, 2012 – Following a sold-out, six-city tour that brought a kaleidoscope of Disney memories to fans across the country, D23: The Official Disney Fan Club announced today that D23’S DISNEY FANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION will come to four more cities in September and October.
FANNIVERSARY brings together more than 40 unforgettable Disney creations – from EPCOT Center to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, from Pirates of the Caribbean to Pete’s Dragon – in one fun-filled, two-hour multi-media presentation produced and hosted by D23 and the Walt Disney Archives.
The new cities in the FANNIVERSARY tour are:
- PHILADELPHIA – Sept. 14, 7 p.m., Penn Museum, Rainey Auditorium
- SEATTLE – Sept. 16, 7 p.m., Seattle Public Library, Microsoft Auditorium
- ATLANTA – Oct. 6, 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., High Museum of Art
- DALLAS – Oct. 7, 7 p.m., Dallas Museum of Art, Horchow Auditorium
All FANNIVERSARY events are open to the public. Tickets are $18 for members of D23 and will be available exclusively to members beginning 10 a.m. PT Wednesday, Aug. 15, at D23’s website – Disney.com/D23. Remaining tickets will be available to the general public for $25 beginning 10 a.m. PT Thursday, Aug. 23.
D23’S DISNEY FANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION explores unforgettable movies, cartoons, theme-park attractions and other Disney creations that celebrate anniversaries in 2012, including:
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Disney’s first-ever, full-length animated film which premiered in 1937
- The 1987 launch of Star Tours
- EPCOT Center’s grand opening on October 1, 1982
- The opening of Pirates of the Caribbean in 1967
- Memorable Mickey Mouse cartoons released in 1937, including “Clock Cleaners,” “Hawaiian Holiday,” “Lonesome Ghosts” and “Magician Mickey”
- The 1927 debut of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, who Walt Disney created before Mickey Mouse
- Goofy’s first-ever on-screen appearance, in 1932’s “Mickey’s Revue”
- The seminal science-fiction film TRON, released in 1982
- Unforgettable movies like Aladdin (1992), Pete’s Dragon (1977), The Jungle Book (1967) and Bambi (1942)
- The 1972 premiere of the Main Street Electrical Parade and 1992 debut of Disneyland’s Fantasmic!
More details about the full program for the D23 FANNIVERSARY celebrations can be found online at www.disney.com/D23.
D23: The Official Disney Fan Club celebrates the remarkable past, present and future of Disney, taking its name from 1923, the year Walt Disney founded his world-famous company. D23 brings its members a host of exclusive benefits, including a bi-weekly email newsletter; an array of discounts and special offers; free gifts throughout the year; as well as exclusive events created especially for its members.
Disney fans can join the world’s only Official Disney Fan Club by visiting www.Disney.com/D23, or at select shops at the Disneyland® Resort, the Walt Disney World® Resort and www.DisneyStore.com/D23. To keep up with all the latest D23 news and events, follow “DisneyD23” on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Latest posts by DAPs Magic (see all)
- The newest #Dapscast #podcast episode is out! Featuring #SWCelebration #StarWars #Rebels #ForceAwakens and #RogueOne - April 20, 2015
- Time to record a dapscast Star Wars Celebration recap episode! - April 19, 2015
- Lego Millennium Falcon is Awesome! - April 19, 2015