When the Disney Cruise Line’s newest ship to join the fleet arrives in 2024, there will also be a bar aboard the Disney Treasure the likes have never been seen before. The Haunted Mansion Parlor will be a bar inspired by the home of everyone’s favorites happiest haunts. It will have drinks inspired by the 999 happy haunts found at the Haunted Mansion.
When guests visit the Haunted Mansion Parlor, they will be stepping into a one-of-a-kind experience that will take them into the next chapter of the Haunted Mansion. This chapter will be focused on the story of the jovial captain who would end up in the ghostly realm after a disaster dinner with his beloved fiancé. This will be accompanied by a musical arrangement by composer Shruti Kuma and Walt Disney Imagineering who took and adapted the original score to the attraction. The Disney Cruise Line shared that this will set the stage for “an ever-escalating anthology of illusions that immerses guests into the mysterious lore of the Haunted Mansion.”
There will also be some recognizable character from Haunted Mansion attractions from around the globe at Disney parks, along with some new seafaring arrivals. They will all come out to social in mysterious ways throughout the experience. People visiting the Haunted Mansion Parlor will likely recognize how it follows the nostalgic art style of the original 1969 classic attraction. Just like the original, this new venue will be a blend of both humor and Disney spooky storytelling.
Looking at the Haunted Mansion Parlor, the design will also feel somewhat familiar. It will be reminiscent of a first-class drawing room from classic cruise liners in the golden age. It will also utilize inspiration from the original Haunted Mansion… with a bit of a nautical twist. There will be tributes to the Disney Parks attractions found throughout this bar. This will include the iconic purple wallpaper framed by wooden finished, the mantel clock atop an inviting fireplace, and even a distinctive purple armchair that will be tucked in the corner. Guests will also get to see some new ghoulish faces in a portrait gallery depicting the Disney Treasure’s own ghostly inhabitants.
Disney released a virtual video tour of the Haunted Mansion Parlor, along with a few photos. Check them out here:
Haunted Mansion Parlor Spirits
There will be some delightfully delicious spirits to be found at the Haunted Mansion Parlor. They will continue the story of the parlor as these cocktails capture and share the spirits of the Haunted Mansion. Take a look at some of what will be offered:
- Blood orange and sour cherry flavors will harmonize in a shimmering zero proof cocktail served in a specialty mug aptly titled, Sympathetic Libations.
- The Ghoulish Delight will be an ube-flavored treat that everyone will be able to enjoy. The drink, with hints of sweetness and nuttiness, will incorporate decadent ube fudge, oat milk and tapioca pearls in a purple concoction garnished with a gummy eyeball and ube glitter.
- A spooky twist on a classic margarita, presented to guests amidst a swirl of flavored smoke, will be another signature drink at the Haunted Mansion Parlor. Topped with a lemon salt foam, this tequila-based cocktail will contain a secret message, only to be revealed by black light.
Haunted Mansion Parlor Merchandise
There will also be some mysterious merchandise available on the Disney Treasure to bring home some mementos of the experience in the Haunted Mansion Parlo. Disney has already announced the following merchandise offerings:
- The Haunted Mansion Parlor Music Box will be a keepsake inspired by the eerie music box that will play a melodic soundtrack inside the Haunted Mansion Parlor. As the rumors go, this mysterious box belonged to the captain’s bride-to-be and only opens in the presence of malevolent spirits.
- Honoring the memorable grandfather clock seen in the original Disney Parks attraction, the Haunted Parlor Mantle Clock will loom over the fireplace inside the venue, instigating mysterious happenings when it strikes 13. As a part of the new merchandise collection, Disney Cruise Line guests will be able to bring home their very own mantle clock, just like the one from the parlor.
- Featuring the same octopus design from the bar’s entrance onboard the Disney Treasure, the Haunted Mansion Parlor Sculpted Mug will depict an aura of intrigue and will be accented with a variety of sea life, including a hidden Mickey Mouse-shaped barnacle.
- The Haunted Mansion Parlor Mirror will allow guests to take home a piece of the magic, offering a ghoulish surprise to unsuspecting users when the hitchhiking ghosts mysteriously appear.
The Haunted Mansion Parlor is one of many magical offerings that will be offered aboard the Disney Treasure when she begins taking guests on seafaring adventures starting December 2024. Already rooms are available for the Disney Treasure. They can be booked through the Disney Cruise Line or through Mouseways Travel, the official travel partner of Daps Magic.
What do you think of the Haunted Mansion Parlor? Are you excited to experience it? What are you most looking forward to in this new bar aboard the Disney Treasure? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!