The Disneyland Resort announced two new Disneyland After Dark events today. Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite and Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite will be offered later this spring at the Disneyland Resort. Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite will be offered on April 18 and 20, 2023 at Disneyland. It will be a party that takes guests back to the ’50s and ’60s. Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite will transform Disneyland into a Galaxy Far, Far Away as guests get to see and interact with their favorite Star Wars characters on May 2, 4, 8, and 11, 2023.
Each of these Disneyland After Dark offerings will be four hours long with a mixer beforehand. Guests will be able to enter the park for the mix-in at 6:00 PM while the park is still open to day guests. The private party will begin at 9:00 PM and continue until 1:00 AM. The event includes favorite characters, entertainment, photo ops, merchandise, foods, access to attractions, free Disney PhotoPass photos downloads, and a souvenir credential and event guide map.
Disneyland After Dark Events
Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite
April 18 & 20, 2023, at Disneyland Park
This one is the coolest, daddy-o! Don your favorite flashback fashions and join us for Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite, an after-hours soiree inspired by the debonair days of the ‘50s and ‘60s. Take a trip down memory lane to relive Disney’s classic past with music and entertainment that pay tribute to the first decade of Disneyland park. Mickey Mouse and his friends will sport retro outfits, along with visits from some nostalgic characters, which will make for great photo moments! Here are some additional highlights of what you’ll enjoy:
- Gaze upon “Fantasy in the Sky,” a nighttime spectacular giving a nod to the same-named fireworks display that first illuminated the night in Disneyland park in 1957!
- Do the twist, the mashed potato and bunny hop your way to dance parties around Disneyland park with bands and deejays inspired by the era.
- Snack like it’s 1955 with treats that are inspired by the park’s early days, made once again just for this event!
- Picture yourself in vintage photo backdrops of attractions and posters from yesteryear like Skyway or Autopia, and from timeless Disney films captured by Disney PhotoPass photographers at the party.
- Enjoy after-hours access to iconic Disneyland attractions such as Peter Pan’s Flight, Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise.
- Enjoy pre-party mix-in admission to Disneyland park starting at 6 p.m., no theme park reservation required.
Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite
May 2, 4, 8 & 11, 2023, at Disneyland Park
Claim your allegiance at Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite! Galactic and fantastic, this event is back with four “nites” – the most ever – where you can live your own epic Star Wars adventure:
- Be wowed watching “Star Wars: Celebrate the Nite” as fireworks illuminate the skies above Disneyland park. This pyrotechnic spectacle is set to the powerful music of Star Wars films.
- Prepare for Captain Phasma and her Stormtroopers during the March of the First Order in Tomorrowland, as they search for a Resistance spy.
- You may encounter travelers across the galaxy like Tusken Raiders and Jawas.
- Get ready to master a lightsaber! Attend the Lightsaber Instructional demonstration, where you will learn to handle a lightsaber through a series of elite moves, sure to bring out your inner Jedi!
- Picture yourself in dynamic photo backdrops featuring some of the galaxy’s favorite heroes and villains, captured by Disney PhotoPass photographers at the party.
- Explore themed snacks such as galactic churros and other out-of-this-world sweets!
- Begin your adventure with pre-party mix-in admission to Disneyland park starting at 6 p.m., no theme park reservation required.
Tickets for the Disneyland After Dark events will go on sale for Magic Key holders on Monday February 21, 2023 at (no earlier than 9 AM PT) on Disneyland.com. For the general public, tickets will go on sale on February 23, 2023 (no earlier than 9 AM PT) on Disneyland.com. Tickets are limited for each event.
Are you excited about these two Disneyland After Dark events? Which one are you most looking forward to? Will you be attending either or both? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!