Mickey’s Toontown will be reopening on March 8, 2023. Ahead of this date, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will be opening in the land on January 27, 2023 as part of the Disney100 celebration at the Disneyland Resort. Ahead of the opening of this new attraction and the reopening of this land, some facts have been released by the Disneyland Resort about this land.
Jeff Shaver-Moskowitz, Portfolio Executive Producer at Walt Disney Imagineering, said about the land, “Mickey’s Toontown first opened 30 years ago, so there are generations of Disneyland Resort guests who have grown up with and made magical memories here. Walt Disney Imagineering set out to keep the essence of what makes Mickey’s Toontown special for so many, while evolving it for the coming generations of families who can’t wait to make new memories here.”
Mickey’s Toontown Facts
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – The very first ride-through attraction at Disneyland Resort starring Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, this family-friendly adventure is full of surprising twists and turns. Guests travel through the hilarious hijinks of a “Mickey Mouse” cartoon short. To experience this attraction, guests must join the complimentary virtual queue* on the Disneyland app** (more information at Disneyland.com). At this time, there is no standby line for the attraction. Guests may also get quicker entry with the purchase of an individual Lightning Lane arrival window, subject to availability.
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s GADGETcoaster – Go nuts on a one-of-a-kind, fun-sized coaster created by the resident tinkerer of Mickey’s Toontown, Gadget Hackwrench.
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin – Board a zany taxicab and spin through the streets of Toontown as you follow the adventures of Roger Rabbit.
- Disneyland Railroad – At the Mickey’s Toontown station, guests can board the steam-powered Disneyland Railroad for a scenic tour around the park.
Interactive play areas
- CenTOONial Park – The first space guests will see when they enter the land, this open area features a fountain with water tables designed for play, and a dreaming tree with sculpted roots for children to crawl around and explore.
- Goofy’s How-To-Play Yard and Goofy’s House – Included is a whimsical sound garden, where kids will discover new ways to make wacky noises, as well as enjoy a new, elevated clubhouse. Inside Goofy’s House, guests can help operate an interactive candy-making contraption only Goofy could imagine.
- Donald’s Duck Pond – Donald’s Boat is perched in a pond among larger-than-life spinning water lilies, balance beams and rocking toys. Kids will enjoy making a splash here! Guests can also look into the boat’s portholes to find bubbles of fun and interactive moments with Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby.
- Mickey’s House and Minnie’s House – Guests will discover playful gags and special surprises in every room of their cartoon homes. When they’re home, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse may also be available for photos and autographs.
Delightful dining for guests of all ages
- Café Daisy – Acclaimed culinary expert Daisy Duck serves up diner classics at her sidewalk table eatery.
- Good Boy! Grocers – A variety of grab-and-go drinks and snacks are available at this friendly roadside stand.