Winnie the Pooh – The New Musical Stage Adaption is beginning a national tour this week that will take it across the United States, starting in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The tour will go to dozens of cities throughout the country, including a six-week run in Los Angeles, California later this month. Tickets are currently on sale for most of the venues here.
The Los Angeles run of Winnie the Pooh – The New Musical Stage Adaptation will be at the Kirk Douglas Theatre. Tickets range from $35 to $99. There are VIP tickets that include a signed poster, a commemorative pin, and also a character meet & greet after the performance. There is also a $25 premium option that can be added to some tickets to add a character meet & greet after the performance as well. Details about the Los Angeles run of this show and tickets can be found here.
This show initially made its way to the theater in October 2021 in New York’s Theatre Row. The puppets for the show were constructed by Rockefeller Productions. This was done with a team of artists, designers, patternmakers, builders, welders, and fabricators. These characters were inspired by the original character designs from Disney, along with Christopher Robin’s real-life counterparts. Each of these puppets is larger than life and was built multiple times to make sure everything was exactly right. Ahead of the show’s arrival on stage in New York, a trailer was shared to give a look at what was coming.
Winnie the Pooh: The New Musical Adaptation Official Description
Disney’s iconic Winnie the Pooh, Christopher Robin and their best friends Piglet, Eeyore, Kanga, Roo, Rabbit, and Owl (oh… and don’t forget Tigger too!) in a beautifully crafted musical stage adaptation.
Featuring the Sherman Brother’s classic Grammy-award winning music with further songs by A.A. Milne, this beautiful fresh stage adaptation is told with stunning life-sized puppetry through the eyes of the characters we all know and love, in a new story from the Hundred Acre Wood.
This production is created by renowned family entertainment creator Jonathan Rockefeller, and made by Rockefeller Productions alongside Disney Theatrical Productions. Performances begin in New York City, October 21, 2021.
Winnie the Pooh: The New Musical Adaptation will be in the following cities on the following dates:
- Sioux Falls, SD – November 8, 2022
- Denver, CO – November 11-13, 2022
- Los Angeles, CA – November 23-December 30, 2022
- Paducah, KY – January 12, 2023
- Lexington, KY – January 13-14, 2023
- Springfield, OH – January 15, 2023
- Clinton Township, MI – January 20-21, 2023
- Benton Harbor, MI – January 22, 2023
- Athens, OH – January 24, 2023
- Morganton, NC – January 26, 2023
- Senatobia, MS – January 28, 2023
- Birmingham, AL – January 29, 2023
- Auburn, AL – January 31, 2023
- Jacksonville, FL – February 4, 2023
- Charleston, SC – February 5, 2023
- Oxford, MS – February 8, 2023
- Cutler Bay, FL – February 11, 2023
- Fort Lauderdale, FL – February 12, 2023
- Melbourne, FL – February 14, 2023
- Tampa, FL – February 18, 2023
- Gainesville, FL – February 19, 2023
- Charlotte, NC – February 24-26, 2023
- Findlay, OH – March 2, 2023
- Louisville, KY – March 3-4, 2023
- New Haven, CT – March 11, 2023
- New London, CT – March 12, 2023
- Morristown, NJ – March 18, 2023
- Brooklyn, NY – March 19, 2023
- Philadelphia, PA – March 23-26, 2023
- Reading, PA – March 28, 2023
- Schenectady, NY – March 30, 2023
- Boston, MA – March 31-April1, 2023
- Red Bank, NJ – April 2, 2023
- Rutland, VT – April 5, 2023
- Greenvale, NY – April 8, 2023
- Pittsburgh, PA – April 15, 2023
- Manassas, VA – April 16, 2023
- Appleton, WI – April 22, 2023
- Midland, MI – April 25, 2023
- Detroit, MI – April 28-29, 2023
- Milwaukee, WI – May 4-7, 2023
More information about this tour can be found at: WinnieThePoohshow.com/USTour/. What do you think of this show? Will you be seeing it? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!