Tickets are now on sale for the D23 opening night event of Mickey Mouse One: Walt’s Plane at the Palm Springs Air Museum on December 5, 2022. This marks the beginning of the next chapter for the plane which has spent this year traveling from Florida to California for the D23 Expo and now to Palm Springs Air Museum where it will be on a longterm loan from Disney.
The opening night event will take place at the Palm Springs Air Museum on Walt Disney’s birthday. Tickets are available for D23 Gold Members. This event is for guests that are 21 years of age or older. Tickets are $80 plus a $7 processing fee. Tickets for the event can be purchased here.
Here are the specifics for this event:
Join D23: The Official Disney Fan Club in celebrating Walt Disney’s birthday with the induction of his plane into the Palm Springs Air Museum on December 5, 2022! After an amazing preview of the plane at D23 Expo, we are excited to see this amazing piece of history find a home in a city that was very special to Walt himself. This commemorative evening celebrates the momentous occasion with a reception including presentations, mix and mingling, and even cake to celebrate Walt’s birthday!
To find out more about this exhibit and Walt’s plane, click here!
About The Palm Springs Air Museum
The Palm Springs Air Museum is home to one of the world’s largest collections of static and flyable aircraft from WWII through to today. In addition to their aircrafts, exhibits and activities allow visitors of all ages to gain a fresh perspective of this history of U.S. Military operations from the last 100 years.
- Food and beverage reception (includes two  drink tickets per person and Walt’s Chili)
- Presentations and remarks from special talent including Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline and Head of D23 Michael Vargo
- One (1) piece of Walt’s themed birthday cake
- One (1) commemorative travel poster inspired by the exhibit
You will be required to show a photo ID. Members will be required to show their D23 Membership Card.
The event will begin at 5:30 p.m. PST at the Palm Springs Air Museum and will last until approximately 7:30 p.m. PST. The Palm Springs Air Museum will open 30 minutes before the start of the event. Please do not arrive before 5:30 p.m.
- D23 Gold Member may reserve a ticket for themselves and up to three (3) guests
- This is a 21+ Only Event
- There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members must log in by using their D23.com Member account information when reserving tickets. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card and tickets will not be admitted to the event.
- Ticketed Members and guests who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event. D23 Members must be present or guests will not gain admittance to event.
- All D23 Events are subject to change without notice. There are strictly no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
- Video or audio recording of any kind will not be permitted during the presentation and screening.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place at the Palm Springs Air Museum during the event you will be attending. By entering the premises, you irrevocably consent to and authorize Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., its affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively “Disney”), to photograph you, make sound recordings of you, and use such photographs and recordings throughout the world, for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television broadcasts and home entertainment products, including, but not limited to, home video and DVD. All such photographs and sound recordings will be the sole property of Disney.
Will you be attending this special event? What do you think of it? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!