Fans around the world were treated to a first look at new titles including Disney Illusion Island, TRON: Identity, MARVEL World of Heroes, and the upcoming Marvel ensemble game from Skydance New Media; and new content from Lucasfilm Games & 20th Century Games
ANAHEIM Calif. (September 9, 2022) – Live from D23 Expo, Disney and Marvel Entertainment announced a variety of incredible new gaming titles and game updates during the first-ever Disney & Marvel GAMES SHOWCASE. New games revealed for the first time include Disney Illusion Island, TRON: Identity, Gargoyles Remastered and MARVEL World of Heroes.
The digital showcase also featured new content reveals for Disney Dreamlight Valley, Disney Mirrorverse, Disney Speedstorm, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, MARVEL Strike Force, LEGO Star Wars™: The Skywalker Saga, Avatar: Reckoning, Aliens: Dark Descent, and the debut of the teaser trailer for the Marvel ensemble adventure from Skydance New Media.
The GAMES SHOWCASE can be viewed in its entirety here:
The following is a full list of announcements made during the Disney & Marvel GAMES SHOWCASE:
Newly Announced Titles:
- Disney Illusion Island: Join the Fab Four – Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy – on a brand-new quest to explore the mysterious islands of Monoth and recover three mystical books to save the world from disaster. From Disney and Dlala Studios, Disney Illusion Island debuts exclusively on the Nintendo Switch™ system in 2023. Wishlist on the Nintendo eShop today.
- TRON: Identity: This visual novel adventure follows Query, a detective program tasked with solving the mystery of an unprecedented crime. Inspired by the TRON franchise, this newly announced puzzle mystery game from Bithell Games arrives on PC and console in 2023.
- Gargoyles Remastered: The classic 90s platformer is coming to modern consoles and PC with updated visuals and controls in collaboration with Empty Clip Studios.
- Marvel | Skydance New Media Project: Skydance New Media and Marvel Entertainment’s upcoming narrative-driven, ensemble adventure game is set in the Marvel Universe and features an original story that will take players on a WWII-era adventure with four playable heroes at different points in the story: a young Steve Rogers, aka Captain America; Azzuri, T’Challa’s grandfather and the WWII-era Black Panther; Gabriel Jones, a U.S. soldier and member of the Howling Commandos; and Nanali, leader of the fledgling Wakandan Spy Network. Skydance New Media is helmed by award-winning writer and director Amy Hennig. This title marks the first initiative from the new AAA game studio.
- MARVEL World of Heroes: Developed in collaboration with Niantic and Marvel Entertainment, MARVEL World of Heroes will allow you to create your own Super Hero identity and team-up with your favorite Marvel characters in the real world. This AR mobile game launches globally on mobile devices in 2023. Players can pre-register now at marvelworldofheroes.com.
Launching This Year:
- Return to Monkey Island (September 19): Guybrush Threepwood – intrepid hero and mighty pirate – embarks on a new swash-buckling adventure through the Caribbean in this thrilling return to the series. Return to Monkey Island releases on PC and Nintendo Switch on September 19, International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
- MARVEL SNAP (October 18): Nuverse, Second Dinner and Marvel Entertainment today announced that the highly anticipated game, MARVEL SNAP, will launch globally on mobile and PC on October 18th. MARVEL SNAP is a revolutionary game experience that unleashes the entire Marvel multiverse into a fast-paced, adrenaline-pumping card battler. Players can pre-register for the game now.
- Marvel’s Midnight Suns (December 2): A new gameplay trailer shared that Marvel’s Midnight Suns will launch on December 2 for Windows PC, Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation® 5. In addition, Marvel’s Midnight Suns Prequel Shorts was announced – a set of five short videos that provide backstory on the formation of the young core of the Midnight Suns. The first video will premiere on October 31, 2022 via the Marvel Entertainment YouTube channel.
- Disney Dreamlight Valley: Now available in Early Access, Disney Dreamlight Valley unveiled a new realm based on Disney and Pixar’s Toy Story. Arriving in the Valley later this year, the realm brings beloved characters Woody and Buzz Lightyear and new quests inspired by the series to this life-sim adventure game.
- Disney Mirrorverse: When Halloween season arrives, players will be able to unlock new Guardians including powerful Hades and more villainous surprises in this divergent Disney and Pixar universe. Disney Mirrorverse is available on the App Store and Google Play.
- Disney Speedstorm: An exclusive look at the first planned update for the upcoming Disney Speedstorm showed off new racers from Disney and Pixar’s Monsters, Inc, including Sulley, Mike Wazowski, Celia Mae, and Randall, and a new Monsters, Inc. inspired track, “The Factory.” Disney Speedstorm launches soon on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One and PC.
- MARVEL Strike Force: Red Hulk rampages into MARVEL Strike Forceon September 13. Recruit this fiery brawler as Apocalypse’s newest Horseman of War. MARVEL Strike Force is available on the App Store and Google Play.
- LEGO Star Wars™: The Skywalker Saga: The all-new Galactic Edition of LEGO Star Wars™: The Skywalker Saga launches on November 1 with 13-character packs, including 6 new packs, adding fan favorites including Cassian Andor™, Reva, Captain Rex, and more. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Galactic Edition will be available for the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox Series X, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™ and PC.
- Avatar: Reckoning: A sneak peek of this mobile MMORPG shooter gave players a glimpse of how you’ll customize your own Avatar and set out to discover new regions of Pandora across multiple game modes. Avatar: Reckoning is coming soon to mobile devices.
- Aliens: Dark Descent: A first-look at gameplay for this tactical squad-based action game showed how players will command Colonial Marines as they investigate a Xenomorph outbreak when the game arrives next year on PC and consoles.
About Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing
Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) is the division of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) that brings beloved brands and franchises into the daily lives of families and fans through products – from toys to T-shirts, apps, books, console games, and more – and experiences that can be found around the world, including on the shopDisney e-commerce platform and at Disney Parks, local and international retailers, as well as Disney store locations globally. The business is home to world-class teams of product, licensing, and retail experts, artists, and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
About Marvel Entertainment
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media for over eighty years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing, publishing, games, and digital media. For more information visit marvel.com. © 2022 MARVEL
About D23 Expo 2022
D23 Expo—The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—brings together all the worlds of Disney under one roof for three packed days of presentations, pavilions, experiences, concerts, sneak peeks, shopping, and more. The event provides fans with unprecedented access to Disney films, streaming, television, games, theme parks, and celebrities. For the latest D23 Expo 2022 news, visit D23Expo.com. Presentations, talent, and schedule subject to change. To join the D23 Expo conversation, be sure to follow DisneyD23 on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, and use the hashtag #D23Expo.
The name “D23” pays homage to the exciting journey that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his first studio in Hollywood. D23 is the first official club for fans in Disney’s 99-year history. It gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic through its quarterly publication, Disney twenty-three; a rich website at D23.com, with members-only content; member-exclusive discounts; and special events for D23 Members throughout the year.
Fans can join D23 at Gold Membership ($99.99), Gold Duo Membership ($129.99), and General Membership (complimentary) levels at D23.com. To keep up with all the latest D23 news and events, follow DisneyD23 on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.