Disney has released a new album that is sure to relax the listener, or perhaps help them focus. Lofi Minnie: Focus is a collection of Minnie Mouse’s favorite Disney tunes in a low-key way. Lofi has become more and more popular recently. It is a mix of hip-hop, house, and jazz.
“What attracted us to lofi is the ability to reimagine our songs in a completely new way that combines the soothing benefits of lofi with the wonder and nostalgia that Disney has to offer” says Tim Pennoyer, Enterprise Franchise Mickey & Friends Lead. “One of the artists we worked with, Jazzinuf, had a great take that, ‘Disney and Lofi are like pancakes and maple syrup,’ and we couldn’t agree more. Lofi and Disney are both a great source of comfort, so the two make for a perfect match.”
Quite often Lofi pairs music with an animated look at a character’s life on YouTube. This is where the genre really began. Pennoyer adds, “Minnie Mouse is one Disney’s most celebrated icons globally, so who better to represent an album full of Disney hits? We love giving listeners the ability to peek into Minnie’s world and have her accompany their daily tasks. Minnie’s interests in creativity, music, and wellness are a perfect fit with lofi as the genre is known for self-expression and has calming, meditative properties.”
Lofi Minnie: Focus includes the following music:
- “Hakuna Matata,” from The Lion King, performed by Purrple Cat
- “How Far I’ll Go,” from Moana, performed by Philanthrope
- “Go the Distance,” from Hercules, performed by mommy
- “Into the Unknown,” from Frozen 2, performed by Hippo Dreams
- “A Whole New World,” from Aladdin, performed by eevee
- “Un Poco Loco,” from Coco, performed by Krynoze
- “Almost There,” from The Princess and the Frog, performed by Otesla
- “I Just Can’t Wait to be King,” from The Lion King, performed by Epona
- “You’ve Got a Friend in Me,” from Toy Story, performed by Jazzinuf
- “Under the Sea,” from The Little Mermaid, performed by Kupla
Lofi Minnie: Focus is now available on music streaming services. The Spotify playlist can be found below.
What do you think of Lofi Minnie: Focus? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!