Today Her Universe announced that they are now acceptation submissions for the Her Universe Fashion Show. This year, the Her Universe Fashion Show will be virtual and streamed on July 23, 2021. This will be a part of Comic-Con@Home this year. Designers can submit up to 3 designs that are inspired by anything that is celebrated at Comic-Con.
A favorite annual tradition at San Diego Comic-Con, this fashion show celebrates creativity and geekdom and showcases some of the most awesome outfits that will be seen this year. The last time it was held in 2019 with Adria Renee winning the Judge’s Award with her Isla Nublar – Jurassic Park inspired outfit. Sarah Hambly was the Audience Winner with her Bodak Green – Marvel’s Loki outfit.
There are a few specifics that must are addressed on the Her Universe website regarding submissions. Please read through them carefully:
- All submissions must be “Geek Couture” fashion, not a costume, and can be based on anything that is celebrated at Comic-Con.
- One submission form/entry per person. You may include up to three designs on your submission form, but only one, if any, can be chosen. Your design must be your original work.
- Male and female designers are welcome to submit designs, submissions may be for female or male fashion.
- Entries must be received by April 2nd 11:59 PM PST. Late entries will not be considered. All submissions are final.
- Finalists will be announced individually via e-mail by April 16th, 2021.
- All finalists will need to provide their own styling, makeup, hair design and model at their own expense.
- All finalists MUST be available to film their design submission video at home and submit by the requested date.
- The date of The Her Universe Fashion Show during Comic-Con@Home will be July 23rd, 2021 through virtual streaming. You must submit your final designer runway video by June 4, 2021.
Submissions are now open and continue through April 2, 2021 at 11:59 PM PT. To be eligible to participate in the Her Universe Talent Show, one must be a legal resident of the 50 United States, Washington D.C. or Canada. More details can be found on the official rules page at: https://www.heruniverse.com/fashionshow
More details can be found about the Her Universe Fashion Show on the Her Universe website.
Will you be participating in The Her Universe Fashion Show 2021? What do you think of this annual event? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!