As California coronavirus numbers continue to grow, restrictions grow as well. Due to the current conditions, a new stay at home order is going into effect for Southern California. This has implications for multiple businesses, including those found in the Downtown Disney District. Because of this, starting on Monday, December 7, the Disneyland Resort has stated that there will be no outdoor dining at the Downtown Disney District. This includes the recently reopened Buena Vista Street.
During this time, Disney operated food and beverage locations will once again be closing. Some of the outside restaurants will continue to offer carryout options. However, guests who do get takeout at these restaurants will not be able to eat/drink on property.
The stay at home order is scheduled to run for three weeks, according to California Governor Gavin Newsom’s directives given earlier this week. It is unknown when exactly the restaurants at Downtown Disney District will be reopening. According to the directives, the following types of businesses must close:
- Indoor and Outdoor Playgrounds
- Indoor Recreational Facilities
- Hair Salons and Barbershops
- Personal Care Services
- Museums, Zoos, and Aquariums
- Movie Theaters
- Bars, Breweries and Distilleries
- Family Entertainment Centers
- Cardrooms and Satellite Wagering
- Limited Services
- Live Audience Sports
- Amusement Parks
The following sectors will have additional modifications in addition to 100 percent masking and physical distancing:
- Outdoor Recreational Facilities
- Retail (20% capacity)
- Shopping Centers (20% capacity)
- Hotels and Lodging (open for critical infrastructure support only)
- Restaurants (only for take-out or pick-up.
- Offices Except for critical infrastructure sectors where remote working is not possible)
- Places of Worship (outdoor services only)
- Entertainment Production including Professional Sports (operation without live audiences)
At this time, it appears that the Downtown Disney District will continue to remain open. However, this could change. While still open, capacity for the stores that remain open will be limited to 20%. DAPS MAGIC will continue to follow this story and provide updates as they become available.