Today D23 Revealed its 2021 D23 Gold Member Collector Set and it is a must-have for any Disney fan who is excited about the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. This set celebrates 50 years of the “Vacation Kingdom of the World.” It includes a vintage-inspired lunchbox, retro pins, a D23 pennant (designed by the voice of Mickey Mouse Bret Iwan) a vinyl record with music from the parks, and also a commemorative newspaper!
The set is a wonderful celebration of 50 years of Walt Disney World Resort magic. Below is an in-depth look at all it includes:
Included in the 2021 Gold Collector Set:
- A usable tin lunchbox, paying tribute to a 1970s classic, featuring both vintage favorites and attractions and characters from around Walt Disney World
- A custom-designed set of five soft enamel pins, honoring some of our favorite personalities from the parks
- A retro felt pennant to put your D23 pride on display anywhere you go
- An exclusive 7” vinyl album, Walt Disney World: Then and Now
- A 2021 tribute to an original publication, the Walt Disney World News, filled with articles curated to commemorate this milestone
D23 Vacation Kingdom Lunchbox
- Taking inspiration from a fabulous 1973 fan favorite, this lunchbox—designed by Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily—features Mickey, Donald, Chip and Dale, icons from all four Walt Disney World theme parks, a magical musical band led by Figment himself, and vignettes of scenes from Typhoon Lagoon to Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure.
“Florida’s Fab Five” Pin Set
- Designed exclusively for D23 Gold Members by artists Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily, these pins feature the Orange Bird atop the classic Walt Disney World Logo, Henry the Bear from Country Bear Jamboree at the Magic Kingdom, Figment from EPCOT’s Journey Into Imagination, R3-X from his “Captain Rex” years at Star Tours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and the legendary Yeti from Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
D23: The Official Disney Fan Club Pennant
- Inspired by the vivid colors and designs of retro Walt Disney World shopping bags, this full-sized D23 pennant—designed by artist and the Official Voice of Mickey Mouse, Bret Iwan—allows you to show off your membership to The Official Disney Fan Club at home or wherever you go!
Walt Disney World: Then and Now Vinyl Record
- In partnership with Walt Disney Records, D23 is proud to present a “mini-version” of the ultimate theme park souvenir: the theme park soundtrack album! Pressed on cheerful transparent red vinyl, this exclusive 7” disc features a 1971 classic, “Bear Band Serenade” from Country Bear Jamboree, on one side and a modern classic, “Nothing Can Stop Us Now” from Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, on the other—on vinyl for the first time.
Walt Disney World News: 2021 Edition
- The set also features a 2021 tribute to an original publication, the Walt Disney World News, filled with articles curated to commemorate this milestone. Inside, you’ll find a welcome letter from head of D23 Michael Vargo, a retrospective on the origins of Walt Disney’s “Florida Project,” and a tribute to “50 Favorite Things” found at Walt Disney World Resort—written by the staff of D23 and the Walt Disney Archives to inspire adventures of your own!
This coming year, D23 Gold Membership is going to available in two different types of plans. One is the Gold Individual Plan for $99.99 per year. The other is the Gold Duo Plan for $129.99 per year.
This new D23 2021 Gold Member Collector Set becomes available for new D23 Gold Individual Plan and Gold Duo Plan memberships starting on January 1, 2021. For current D23 Gold Members, the set will ship 2-3 weeks after they renew their Gold Membership in 2021. It should be noted that there is a limit of one Gold Membership Collector Set per membership plan.
What do you think of this year’s D23 Gold Member Collector Set? Share your thoughts in the comments below!