Today is National Gingerbread Day! To help bring a little Disney celebration to this special day at home, Disney has shared the recipe for their Gingerbread-Cream Cheese Muffin. These muffins can be found at Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Isle of Java and Harambe Fruit Market during the holidays from December 1 through January 2nd. If you aren’t making it to Walt Disney World Resort for some holiday treats, you can create a little Disney culinary magic with this recipe.
Give this recipe for the Gingerbread-Cream Cheese Muffin a shot and then share how it turned out for you in the comments! Happy National Gingerbread Day!
Gingerbread-Cream Cheese Muffin - GEEK EATS Disney Recipe
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil (1/4 cup butter, softened, may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Reserved cream cheese filling
FOR CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- Combine sugar and butter in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment and beat on low speed until there are no lumps. Add cream cheese and mix on medium speed for 3 minutes, until smooth.
- Reduce speed to low. Add egg and lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, up to 3 days, until ready to use.
FOR GINGERBREAD-CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare a muffin pan with 12 liners and set aside.
- Sift flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine oil or butter, brown sugar, molasses, honey, and egg in bowl of electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Mix on medium speed until combined. Reduce speed to low and add buttermilk until incorporated.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined. Scrape sides of mixer and mix an additional 30 seconds. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Place reserved cream cheese filling in piping bag fitted with large round tip. Insert piping tip into the center of each muffin, piping about 1 tablespoon into the center, then pipe a swirl around the top of the muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until top of muffin is firm when touched.
- Cool before serving.
© 2021 dapsmagic.com
How’d your Gingerbread-Cream Cheese Muffins turn out? What are your other favorite holiday treats? Share with us in the comments below!