San Francisco, October 28, 2020—We are happy to announce that The Walt Disney Family Museum plans to reopen to the public on Thursday, November 5, 2020 in accordance with guidelines recently announced by the Mayor’s Office of San Francisco and the Governor’s Office of California.
Beginning November 5, the museum will be open Thursday through Sunday from 10am to 5:30pm, with last gallery entry at 4:15pm, and will be closed Monday through Wednesday for the remainder of the year.
“We deeply appreciate the overwhelming and generous support that our members and friends have shown us throughout this unusual time,” says Kirsten Komoroske, Executive Director of The Walt Disney Family Museum. “I wish to express my heartfelt gratitude to everyone who participated in our extensive virtual programming, fundraising efforts, and the #MuseumFromHome initiative during the museum’s closure. We look forward to welcoming you back to museum when you are comfortable, and also welcoming you to our ongoing and engaging virtual offerings, which we will continue host after our reopening.”
To accommodate museum guests safely and to ensure proper distancing, all guests—including members—will be required to reserve tickets prior to their visit at waltdisney.org/tickets. Admission will be available on a timed-ticket basis with limited capacities set for each time slot, and will be released in short-term increments to ensure availability, with additional dates continuously added.
The Walt Disney Family Museum cares deeply about the health and safety of its guests and staff, and will be taking the following measures to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone:
- Face coverings are required at all times for staff and guests ages three and over
- Increased cleaning frequency and procedures implemented throughout the day
- Distancing of at least six feet required for both guests and staff
- Additional hand sanitation stations installed throughout the museum and signage indicating handwashing locations
- Installation of clear acrylic coverings in transactional areas
- Directional signage and placement of staff to ensure continual flow and eliminate crowding
- Modified gallery interactives and listening stations that can now be experienced using the WDFM mobile app, headphones, or disposable styluses available free of charge
- Capacity limitations for daily attendance and all spaces
- Daily staff health checks prior to arrival at the museum
- The museum asks that visitors take a self-screening questionnaire before visiting. Please stay home if you are experiencing symptoms. If you purchased tickets and need to reschedule your visit, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to current restrictions, the museum café, water fountains, coat check, theater, and Learning Center will remain closed until further notice.
Details on the upcoming special exhibitions The Walt Disney Studios and World War II and Veterans Voices: Painted Realities, including opening dates, will be announced soon. Press release to follow.
ABOUT THE WALT DISNEY FAMILY MUSEUM
The Walt Disney Family Museum presents the fascinating story and achievements of Walt Disney, the man who raised animation to the level of fine art, transformed the film industry, tirelessly pursued innovation, and created a global, yet distinctively American legacy. Opened in October 2009, the 40,000-square-foot facility features innovative technology alongside a vast collection of historic materials and artifacts that bring Disney’s achievements to life. There is a myriad of interactive galleries, which present early drawings and animation, movies, music, listening stations, a spectacular model of Disneyland, and much more. The museum is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in the scenic Presidio of San Francisco.
The Walt Disney Family Museum will resume operations on Thursday, November 5, 2020, with limited opening hours through the remainder of the year.
Open Thursday through Sunday: 10am to 5:30pm, last gallery entry at 4:15pm. Closed Mondays through Wednesdays and the following public holidays: January 1, Thanksgiving Day, and December 25.
The Presidio of San Francisco, 104 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94129
General admission ticket: $25 adults; $20 seniors & students; $15 youth (ages 6 to 17).
Museum admission is free for members, children under 5, and active and retired military personnel, as well as their spouses/dependents with valid ID.
Tickets are available to purchase or reserve at waltdisney.org/tickets.
415.345.6800 | waltdisney.org
facebook.com/wdfmuseum | Twitter & Instagram: @wdfmuseum