D23 is offering the opportunity to go to the drive-in and watch Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back at the Rose Bowl forty years after the film originally arrived in theaters. D23 is inviting members to be a part of this historic socially distanced celebration of this iconic film. Taking place on September 11th, the event will begin at 7:00 PM and last until around 9:15 PM.
Guests who are attending are encouraged to dress up in their Star Wars best with robes and lightsabers to come and celebrate the second Star Wars film to be created by George Lucas.
Here are the specifics for the event:
The event will begin at 7 p.m. PT at the Rose Bowl Stadium (1001 Rose Bowl Dr. Pasadena, CA 91103) and will last until approximately until 9:15 p.m. PT
Guest admission starts one hour before your stated show time.
- D23 General, Gold, and Gold Family Members may reserve one ticket for one car per membership.
- Ticket fee is a flat rate per vehicle and all guests must arrive in the same car.
- All guests in each vehicle must bring a face covering to enter the premises. No exceptions.
- In compliance with State and County requirements, we have established the following safety guidelines to protect our guests and staff:
- Guests must remain in their vehicles for the duration of the movie. No sitting outside of the vehicle will be allowed.
- Congregating of any type is prohibited.
- Face coverings must be worn when exiting vehicles to pick up concessions or visit the restrooms. Restrooms will operate at 50 percent capacity with attendants cleaning and disinfecting regularly.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet will be enforced.
- Alcohol is prohibited.
- You will be tuning in to a designated FM station once you arrive to play the audio while you’re watching on the big screen. Instructions will be given, and assistance will be offered when you arrive.
- D23 Members attending must bring their photo ID and event tickets or they will not be admitted to the event.
- All D23 Events are subject to change without notice. There are strictly no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place at the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena, CA during the event you will be attending. By entering the premises, you irrevocably consent to and authorize Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., its affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively “Disney”), to photograph you, make sound recordings of you, and use such photographs and recordings throughout the world, for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television broadcasts and home entertainment products, including, but not limited to, home video and DVD. All such photographs and sound recordings will be the sole property of Disney.
What do you think of this event? Will you be going? Let us know in the comments below!