A new cookbook has been released by Disney. Delicious Disney: The Fresh Edition can now be purchased at both the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. The cookbook is a collaboration between Pam Brandon and Disney chefs who came together to create the new recipes found in this cookbook. Brandon has been the author for over 22 Disney cookbooks!
One of the recipes found in this cookbook is for the Roasted White Chocolate Budino from Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas. This is a rich and creamy dessert that can be served with amaretti cookies. Give it a try and then share how it turns out in the comments below!
Roasted White Chocolate Budino from Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas - GEEK EATS Disney Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope powdered gelatin
- 1 cup whole milk, divided
- 1 cup, plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place white chocolate chips in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and stir. Cook for an additional 30 to 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Color should be medium caramel. Using a rubber spatula, scrape chocolate into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of milk in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup milk, heavy cream, and corn syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in the gelatin/milk mixture, whisking until fully dissolved.
- Pour hot cream mixture over roasted chocolate, whisking to combine.
- Divide evenly among 6 serving bowls. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
For Amaretti Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat almond paste with electric mixer until crumbly.
- Beat in egg whites until mixture is smooth. Sift in powdered sugar and all-purpose flour, beating just until combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir in almond flour with a wooden spoon. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Use water to lightly wet scoop before working the dough. Scoop rounded teaspoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies rise, crack slightly, and are golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before removing from baking sheet with a thin metal spatula. Store in an airtight container.
To Serve: Top each Budino serving with an Amaretti Cookie, whipped cream, and a cherry.
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
How’d it turn out? Share your experiences and thoughts in the comments below or with DAPS MAGIC on Facebook or Twitter!