The Walt Disney Company has started a new trend of delivering movies early in one way or another. This week Disney released Frozen 2 early on Disney+ and also Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker for digital download. The release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker comes several days ahead of its original scheduled release date this coming Tuesday.
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is now available on Apple TV and iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, Vudu, FandangoNow and Movies Anywhere. The digital download of the film is being sold in HD for $19.99 and in 4K Ultra HD for $24.99.
Currently, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is slated to be released on Blu-Ray on March 31st at retailers. This home entertainment release includes hours of bonus features. Here is a look what is offered* with this title:
- The Skywalker Legacy – The story lives forever in this feature-length documentary that charts the making of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- Pasaana Pursuit: Creating the Speeder Chase – Dive into the making of the movie’s epic landspeeder chase and discover how this spectacular sequence was brought to the screen.
- Aliens in the Desert – See what it took to create the Pasaana desert scenes, from the sheer scale and complexity of the shoot to its colorful details.
- D-O: Key to the Past – Explore the ship that connects Rey to the mystery of her missing parents and get to know the galaxy’s newest, irresistible droid.
- Warwick & Son – Warwick Davis, who played Wicket in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, dons the Ewok costume once more; this time joined by his son Harrison.
- Cast of Creatures – The team behind the film’s memorable creatures reveal the puppetry, makeup, prosthetics and digital magic that bring them to life!
- The Maestro’s Finale – Composer John Williams reflects on his body of work for the Star Wars saga and shares insights on scoring Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is the ninth and final film of the Skywalker Saga that began in 1977. The early release of this film could be due to the coronavirus pandemic that has caused millions of people to be encouraged to stay home. What do you think of the early release of this film? Have you watched the movie and its bonus features yet? If so, what did you think of it? Share your thoughts in the comments below!