GRAMMY AWARD-WINNING SINGER REGINA BELLE & NORM LEWIS
SURPRISE D23 EXPO FANS WITH “A WHOLE NEW WORLD”
PERFORMANCE AT “A MUSICAL CELEBRATION OF ALADDIN”
AT D23 EXPO ARENA IN ANAHEIM CONVENTION CENTER
ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 24, 2019
Legendary GRAMMY Award-winning singer Regina Belle surprised D23 Expo fans and closed out “A Musical Celebration of Aladdin” with a special performance of “A Whole New World” with Norm Lewis (“Scandal,” “The Little Mermaid” on Broadway) on Saturday, August 24 at the D23 Expo in Anaheim.
Other appearances and special guests from “A Musical Celebration of Aladdin” included:
- A surprise appearance from Mena Massoud (“Aladdin” live-action) who gave D23 Expo fans a first look at bloopers and a deleted scene of the original song “Desert Moon,” a duet with him and Naomi Scott (“Jasmine” live-action), which are available as bonus features on the live-action film’s upcoming Digital & Blu-ray release.
- Brad Kane (“Aladdin” animated singing voice) who performed “One Jump Ahead.”
- Deedee Magno Hall (“Jasmine” in “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” at the Hyperion Theater) who performed “To Be Free,” an original song that Alan Menken wrote and composed for this production.
- Clinton Greenspan (Broadway’s next “Aladdin”) who performed “Proud of Your Boy.”
- Jamal Sims (choreographer, “Aladdin” live-action) who showcased Genie’s signature dance moves, along with a team of dancers, in a performance set to “A Friend Like Me.”
- Lillias White (Hercules) who performed “Speechless,” an original song from the live-action film.
- The evening also included special video messages from Will Smith and Alan Menken.