This summer, Disneyland Paris is giving new life to the Disney masterpieces The Lion King and The Jungle Book with an unprecedented festival. Announced until September 22, 2019, The Lion King and Jungle Festival offers an immersive experience with new shows created especially for Disney Parks but also exclusive products and a new catering offer.
To celebrate this event, Disneyland Paris will unveil on July 26, 2019, a new documentary of 45min, behind the scenes of this festival. A team of three journalists has followed and filmed each week since the beginning of the year, the various crucial steps to create the shows The Rhythm of the Jungle and The Lion King and The Rhythms of the Earth.
“Explore the Lion King and Jungle Festival” will invite you behind the scenes to follow the creation of these shows, from the recording of the music until the opening of the season, through the rehearsals of the artists, creating sets and much more …
This program officially produced by the teams of Disneyland Paris is a great first that will provide the opportunity for spectators to go directly into immersion behind the scenes of Disney magic. It will be broadcast free of charge on Disneyland Paris’ official YouTube channel.
See you on Friday, July 26, 2019, at 8:00 pm on Disneyland Paris Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/disneylandparis
Discover without delay the trailer of this exclusive program:
Key figures and production anecdotes
“The Lion King and the Rhythms of the Earth ” at Frontierland Theater
The show takes place in a brand new theater equipped with a 360 ° audio technology, equivalent to 3 times the system of an Imax room, which plunges visitors into the heart of the action. Frontierland Theater is the fourth room in the world to be equipped with such an audio system.
The stage is the largest ever built at Disneyland Paris with a scenic setting consisting of giant percussion on several levels that are 40 meters long.
The famous Lion King music that has rocked several generations are revisited in this new show created by Disneyland Paris to tell the legend of Simba, Nala, Rafiki, Mufasa, Scar, Timon and Pumbaa. The show is composed of 9 live performances:
The Circle of Life
I can not wait to be king
Can You Feel the Love Tonight
He Lives in You
Busa / King of Pride Rock
No less than 30 singers, dancers, acrobats, and percussionists give a new dimension to the Land of Lions with original choreography and costumes.
The show is also ” chansigné ” in French sign language every weekend. The chansigné is a form of expression that choreographs the movements and allows to transcribe as well the lyrics as the intensity and the emotion of a song.
11 nationalities are represented, including artists who have been part of the Lion King shows in Mogador and the West End.
More than 200 people worked for 2 years and a half to bring this show to life.
The auditions launched more than a year ago brought together more than 500 dancers, 200 singers, and 100 acrobats.
400 costumes were created especially for the needs of the show.
The soundtrack was recorded at the Angel Recording Studios in London, with a symphony orchestra, a big band, a very large rhythm section and a dozen different African instruments (djembes, tamas, kalimbas, kora, congas, bongos).
“The Rhythm of the Jungle” with Baloo & Cie in front of the Castle
This musical show is an original creation that is played in the heart of Disneyland Park. It is divided into four periods, the highlight of which is held at Central Plaza for a 360 ° show opposite the Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant.
” The Rhythm of the Jungle ” offers to embark on an immersive journey filled with colors and discoveries, through the Indian jungle.
Nearly 70 characters and artists make up the cast, including percussionists from Rajasthan.
10 Disney characters are present: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Tic & Tac, Clarice, Baloo, and King Louie.
Gigantic and colorful animals, up to 5 meters high, act as musical instruments for artists.
A team from Disneyland Paris spent several weeks in India, Rajasthan, to find inspiration to create this very authentic and immersive experience.
The iconic songs of The Jungle Book have been re-orchestrated by the American composer Roger Butterley: ” It takes little to be happy, ” ” To be a man like you ” and ” Aie Confidence “. Butterley also composed new music for the show.
The show required two years of development, and a month of rehearsals in studios and then in the park at night.
Merchandising & Restoration
A shopping experience dedicated to the Lion King and Jungle Festival
- More than a hundred products related to the themes of the Lion King and the Book and Jungle are available in shops during The Lion King and Jungle Festival.
- Disneyland Paris’s Artistic Design Merchandise Team brings together some twenty artists.
- A range directly related to the show “The Lion King and Rhythms of the Earth” was created, in the spirit of musicals (poster, tote bag, mug …), as well as fashion and lifestyle products centered on the emblematic character of a whole generation: Simba.
- The hero has also inspired Richard Orlinski. The internationally renowned sculptor has created a novel figure of young Simba (17cm, 59.99 €) which will be sold in limited series at Disneyland Paris.
A unique catering offer for young and old explorers
- 30 new exclusive dining products at Disneyland Paris have been developed for The Lion King and Jungle Festival.
- Coconut, mango, pineapple, banana, lemon, lime, pomegranate, passion fruit, lychee, papaya make up the desserts, dishes, and cocktails at Disneyland Paris, bringing the variety to 10 fruits in total.
- Savannah on the plates: 14 products in the range refer to a savanna animal (giraffe, elephant, lion, leopard, …).
- A season under the lion’s eye : 3 different products inspired by the lion’s paw make up the range of food products this season, and 9 products refer to lions.
- Exclusive milkshakes: 2 milkshakes with the image of characters of the Lion King are to be found at Disneyland Paris at Victoria’s restaurant, only the time of the season.
- A seasonal meal in the presence of Disney Characters: 2 Disney Characters, Mickey with an adventurer costume developed especially for the restaurant and Rafiki, come to liven up a special meal at the Restaurant Hakuna Matata, only during the season
- A royal ice cream: ” Exotic Paradise ” ice cream pays tribute to the famous cartoon scene The Lion King in which Simba sings ” I would like to be king already “.
The Lion King and Jungle Festival takes place at Disneyland Paris until September 22, 2019.