Rafiki’s Planet Watch will be re-opening this summer at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The reopening will also include the Affection Section and the Wildlife Express. According to the Disney Parks Blog, there will also be some new enhancements in celebration of The Lion King.
Upon its return, the area will still include the opportunity to meet animals. There will also be some new experiences arriving that will pull from Disney’s tradition of animating animals. This will feature a celebration of The Lion King.
Rafiki’s Planet Watch is an area at Disney’s Animal Kingdom that allows guests to get up close and personal with animals while also seeing how they are cared for. The area includes:
- Conservation Station
- Animal encounters
- Song of the Rainforest
- Veterinary treatment room where guests can see veterinarians in action
- A nutrition center where guests can watch animal’s meals be prepared daily
- Amphibian, reptile and Invertebrate windows to allow guests to look at tarantulas, scorpions, millipedes, and snakes
- Science center where guests can watch scientists in action
- Wildlife Express Train
- Habitat Habit – where guests can learn about the habitat on signs as they walk from the Wildlife Express to the Conservation Station.
- Affectation Station – where guests can pet and interact with animals.
What do you think about the return of Rafiki’s Planet Watch? What’s your favorite part of this area? Share your thoughts in the comments below.