Every year, gospel choirs come together at the Disneyland Resort for an event called “Celebrate Gospel!” This spirited event celebrated ten years and marked a wonderful celebration of Black History Month! The rich history of gospel music made for a great event with so much to learn from and appreciate.
The Amazing Grace Conservatory and Friendship Baptist Church are returning for the 10th year, alongside first-time performers, New Hope Gospel Choir, to expand participation within the local community. Stage 17 transforms into an epic stage for these gospel choirs to perform! Here were the choirs that took the stage this year:
- Amazing Grace Conservatory (Los Angeles)
- Eastvale Bible Church Mass Choir (Norco)
- Friendship Baptist Church Mass Choir (Yorba Linda)
- Greater LA Cathedral Choir (Los Angeles)
- KJLH Radio Free Performance Choir (Los Angeles)
- LA Inner City Mass Choir (Los Angeles)
- Lorenzo Johnson & Praizum (Los Angeles)
- New Hope Gospel Choir (Orange)
- Rhythm and Moves Children Youth Choir (Pasadena)
- Second Baptist Church Mass Choir (Santa Ana)
- Ty Snow & Xtreme Purpose (Pasadena)
- Voices of Destiny (Compton)
- Voices of Life (Riverside)
- Voices of Unity (The Inland Empire)
- West Angeles Angelic Children’s Choir (Los Angeles)
- Higher Authority (San Diego)
- J. Boykin Gospel Band (Riverside)
We were lucky enough to grab an interview with Wendy Raquel Robinson from Amazing Grace Conservatory! We were thrilled to share the energy and excitement with her as she gave us an overview of her 10 years with “Celebrate Gospel”. For any Disney fans who might be trying to figure it out, yes you do recognize her! Robinson was the one and only Cruella de Vil in Disney’s “Descendants”!
Mr. DAPS also had an opportunity to interview the two fantastic cast members behind the event! We got an inside look at how the event came to be and what inspired them to make it happen!