There are few things better than a good toasted cheese sandwich. One of my favorite places to get one is at the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe on the end of Main Street, USA at Disneyland. Couple the sandwich with a good bowl of tomato soup (also available there) for a perfect lunch!
Today DAPS MAGIC is pleased to share the recipe for Jolly Holiday’s Specialty Toasted Cheese Sandwich. This gives the opportunity for guests to bring flavors of a favorite Disneyland home and recreate them. Enjoy making this magical meal and then share in the comments how it went!
Specialty Toasted Cheese Sandwich at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe – GEEK EATS Disneyland Resort Recipe
- 12 slices pancetta
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices aged cheddar cheese
- 6 slices Monterey jack cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar blackberry preserves
- Heat large skillet over medium-low heat for 5 minutes until hot. Add pancetta, working in batches if necessary, and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Heat sauté pan on medium heat for 3 minutes until warm. Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of bread in pan, buttered side down. Top with 1 slice of Swiss cheese, 1 slice of aged cheddar cheese, 2 slices of reserved pancetta, and 1 slice of Monterey jack cheese. Add remaining slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook sandwich for two minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Turn sandwich and cook for 1-2 more minutes until desired texture and color.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Serve each sandwich with 2-ounces of blackberry preserves.