With Mickey Mouse’s birthday this weekend, you can bet that resorts around the world are rolling out the red carpet! This weekend, Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort and Downtown Disney District in the Disneyland Resort have really made magic happen with these limited time offerings! Here’s what you can find.
Downtown Disney District
- Curl Surf guests can find watches featuring “Mickey the True Original” by Nixon as well as a Mickey and Minnie-inspired shoes from the new “Disney x Vans” collection!
- The Disney Dress Shop will launch sales of a new Mickey Mouse Dooney & Bourke Bag alongside a matching “Mickey Through the Years” dress
- PANDORA is marking Mickey’s milestone with a limited-edition Disney dangle charm in sterling silver, detailed with a 14k gold number “90” – it will be available at both Disney Springs and Downtown Disney, while supplies last. In California, the retailer will welcome Disney illustrator Robert Griggs on Sunday, November 18; during the event, guests will receive a special illustration featuring Mickey artwork (no purchase required).
- World of Disney is joining the party, too! On November 17 the newly-renovated shop in Downtown Disney District will offer event tees, commemorative Mickey plush and a new Sugarfina co-branded product release, all available while supplies last.
- Art of Disney will host a “Celebration of the Mouse” Artist Event on Friday, November 16. Guests will have the opportunity to meet acclaimed Disney artists Brian Blackmore, Doug Bolly, Don “Ducky” Williams, and Darren Wilson from 6 – 9 p.m. EST as we launch a new art program celebrating Mickey. Can’t make it to this event? You can catch Doug Bolly, Alex Maher, and Don “Ducky” Williams on Friday, December 7 from 6 – 9 p.m. EST and Sunday, December 9 from 12 – 3 p.m. EST to keep the celebration going.
- Curl by Sammy Duvall guests can find watches featuring “Mickey the True Original” by Nixon as well as a Mickey and Minnie-inspired shoes from the new “Disney x Vans” collection;
- The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane at Marketplace Co-Op will launch sales of a new Mickey Mouse Dooney & Bourke Bag alongside a matching “Mickey Through the Years” dress and MagicBand on November 18.
- Ever After Jewelry Co. & Accessories will feature a Mickey’s Birthday Watch and a Sugarfina co-branded release, both available on November 17.
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co. recently released Mickey’s 90th Anniversary Blend, a smooth, medium-roasted coffee that is part of the new “Disney Coffee Collection” coming soon to select Joffrey’s stores nationwide.
- Havaianas is launching a new collection that features illustrations representing each decade of Mickey Mouse. The Opening Edition Style, featuring a mix of two icons with the signature Havaianas striped sole and Mickey Mouse ears, will launch on Mickey’s birthday on November 18. A new style will be released every Monday through January 21, 2019. Expect designs that represent the playful spirit of the Havaianas brand with versions of Mickey that range from the classic Steamboat Willie, a 1970s-themed “Groovy Mickey” and a “Boy Band” version representing the 1990s.
- Lacoste the store windows are dressed with the newest “Disney | Lacoste” fashions featuring an exclusive collaboration around the merriest of tennis matches. On November 18, 2018, the retailer will host an in-store event with fun photo backdrops, candy, and more.
- Levi’s has reimagined their favorite styles with a magical twist; their designers toured the Disney Animation Archives to create an exclusive graphic of Mickey Mouse. Recently, the brand partnered with Snapchat to offer their Disney Springs guests the opportunity to purchase a limited-edition Mickey Mouse hat, part of the new collection.
- Earlier this month, Melissa Shoes debuted their new “Celebrate 90 Years of Mickey Mouse” shoe collection with designs for both kids and adults. The location amped up the celebration the weekend prior to Mickey’s birthday with a special in-store event this past Saturday, November 10, that included a candy bar, photo opportunities and other surprises.
- Sunglass Hut debuted a new option for fans of Ray-Ban Mickey Mouse glasses available at Disney Parks. The classic Ray-Ban Wayfarer glasses feature bold custom artwork by Disney lead artist Jeff Shelley and are available in both adult and “Mini Me” sizes. The designs are available at Sunglass Icon by Sunglass Hut on both coasts, and at other Disney Parks Sunglass Hut locations, while supplies last.
- Zara’s “Mickey’s 90th Anniversary!” collection offers an assortment of T-shirts, leggings, sweats, and accessories for fashionable kids.
- UNIQLO the new “Mickey Stands Collection” is now in store. Guests are loving the iconic Mickey pose mixed with the comfortable, high-quality products UNIQLO is known for. To support the launch, the store will be adding extra entertainment with traditional Japanese drummers and brand ambassadors select weekend dates in November and December from 4 – 9 p.m.
- WonderGround Gallery at Marketplace Co-Op will also host a “Celebration of the Mouse” Artist Event November 16 – 18 and December 7 – 9. WonderGround artists Dave Perillo and Kristin Tercek will be available to meet Guests and sign their newest Mickey pieces November 16 – 17 from 6 – 9 p.m. EST and November 18 from 12 – 3 p.m. EST. Matt Hawkins and Bill Robinson will be appearing December 7 – 8 from 6 – 9 p.m. EST and December 9 from 12 – 3 p.m. EST.
With all the excitement happening, could you believe there is still more to see? Head to Disney Springs or Downtown Disney District to find a wall to #ShareYourEars in celebration of Mickey’s birthday! For guests truly wanting to leave their mark, head over to the LEGO Store on both coasts! There will be an interactive set that has been designed just for this weekend. Help build a special creation for Mickey Mouse!
Be sure to check out our video from last year’s celebration to gear up for this year’s! We can’t wait to celebrate with you!
With so much to see and do, what are you going to do first?