2019 will mark the tenth year of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club. This popular Disney club will be celebrating its tenth anniversary throughout the year by hosting multiple events throughout the country! This morning D23 revealed some of the magical events that will be happening.
New 2019 D23 Events
- RETURN TO WALT’S BIRTHPLACE: In 2016 and 2017, D23 Members had the amazing opportunity to visit Walt Disney’s birthplace in Chicago. The home, which is being restored, was constructed by Walt’s father, Elias, and designed by his mother, Flora. This June, D23 Members will have the chance to see the incredible progress made on bringing the home back to its initial glory.
- SCREENINGS ON THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS LOT AND AT WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT: Throughout the year, D23 will once again offer special screenings on both coasts of classic Disney favorites. As part of D23’s anniversary celebration, all the films screened will also be celebrating milestones, including Up (10th anniversary), Sleeping Beauty (60th), Lucasfilm’s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (35th), and The Lion King (25th).
- THE OFFICIAL WALT DISNEY STUDIOS TOUR—PRESENTED BY D23: D23 Gold Member-exclusive tours of the historic Studio lot return and, for 2019, the tour—traditionally held four times a year—will run monthly starting in March and will include VIP experiences on select tours. Guests are able to take a look inside the Walt Disney Archives and see Walt Disney’s office suite during the tour, which offers fans a unique perspective on historic moments from Disney films, television shows, and theme parks.
- D23’S LUNCH WITH A DISNEY LEGEND: Beginning in January, D23 brings back these exclusive luncheons with Disney luminaries. This year, D23 will be crossing the country so more fans than ever can enjoy the opportunity to meet Disney Legends and hear their fascinating stories, including an intimate lunch with Linda Larkin—the speaking voice of Jasmine in Aladdin—in New York City next April.
- D23 HEADS TO THE HOLLOW: To celebrate the 70th anniversary of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow—and its infamous headless villain—D23 will hold a special event in Sleepy Hollow, New York, with a screening, special guests, reception, and more.
- ADVANCE SCREENINGS: Next year, D23 Members can look forward to a host of exclusive, advance screenings across the country in partnership with our friends from The Walt Disney Studios. This year, D23 brought movie magic to 35 cities across the country, including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, New York City, Philadelphia, and San Francisco. Plus, this year D23 Members attended the red-carpet premiere of Disney’s Christopher Robin. D23 Gold Members across the U.S. will once again be selected at random to receive complimentary movie passes, and in honor of D23’s 10 years, 10,000 pairs of tickets will be sent throughout 2019.
- SIGNATURE EVENTS: D23 will bring back foodie favorite Sip & Stroll during the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Walt Disney Imagineering’s exclusive merchandise store, Mickey’s of Glendale, will open its doors to members. Guests at Walt Disney World Resort will once again make the holiday season bright next December, and on the West Coast, members will be invited back to The Walt Disney Studios to Light Up the Season. The Walt Disney Family Museum will extend a warm welcome to Gold Members for an exclusive look at a new exhibit in May. Also, D23’s Behind-the-Scenes Experiences will return, offering exclusive, one-of-a-kind events to D23 Gold and Gold Family Members.
- MEMBER MIXERS: After mixing and mingling at complimentary gatherings in places such as Houston, Seattle, and San Diego in 2018, D23 will bring more mixers to U.S. cities in 2019, including a special San Diego Comic-Con mixer to celebrate Marvel Comics’ 80th anniversary.
- D23 EXPO 2019: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event returns. It’s D23’s biggest event of the year, when all of Disney’s wonderful worlds come together once again August 23–25, 2019, at the Anaheim Convention Center for three magical days of once-in-a-lifetime live performances, star-studded presentations, exclusive collectibles, and more celebrating Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars.
D23 will also be hosting a year-long Fanniversary event celebrating its 10th anniversary. Each year D23 has celebrated a milestone anniversary for Disney favorites with the Fanniversary events. D23 will be announcing more specific events, discounts, and other special offerings.
There will be more announcements about special things coming from D23 in the coming year. Make sure to subscribe to DAPS MAGIC to catch all of the announcements and visit www.D23.com/events for the most up-to-date listings of D23 events.
Here is the current lineup of events for 2019:
- January 25: Lunch with a Disney Legend: TBA, Burbank, Calif.
- January 26: The Official Walt Disney Studios Tour—Presented by D23, Burbank, Calif.
- February 16: D23’s Magical Screening Series: Sleeping Beauty, Burbank, Calif.
- February 16: D23’s Magical Screening Series: Sleeping Beauty, Walt Disney World Resort
- April: Lunch with a Disney Legend, Linda Larkin, New York City
- April 7: The Official Walt Disney Studios Tour—Presented by D23 (Gold Family exclusive), Burbank, Calif.
- May: The Walt Disney Family Museum event for Mickey Mouse Exhibit, San Francisco, Calif.
- May 4: D23’s Magical Screening Series: The Lion King, Walt Disney World Resort
- May 11: D23’s Magical Screening Series: The Lion King, Burbank, Calif.
- June: Return to Walt’s Birthplace: TBA, Chicago
- June: Lunch with a Disney Legend: Legend and location TBA
- June 22: The Official Walt Disney Studios Tour—Presented by D23, Burbank, Calif.
- July 20: D23 Member Mixer celebrating 90 years of Marvel Comics, San Diego, Calif.
- August 23-25: D23 Expo 2019, Anaheim, Calif.
- September 21: D23’s Magical Screening Series: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Walt Disney World Resort
- September 28: D23’s Magical Screening Series: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Burbank, Calif.
- October: Lunch with a Disney Legend: Legend and location TBA
- October 21: Sip & Stroll, Walt Disney World Resort
- October 26: D23 Heads to the Hollow, Sleepy Hollow, N.Y.
- November 9: The Official Walt Disney Studios Tour—Presented by D23, Burbank, Calif.
- November 16: D23’s Magical Screening Series: Up, Walt Disney World Resort
- November 23: D23’s Magical Screening Series: Up, Burbank, Calif.
- December: D23 Holiday Event at Walt Disney World Resort
- December: Light Up the Season with D23, Burbank, Calif.
Fans can join D23 at different levels:
- Gold Membership ($74.99)
- Gold Family Membership ($99.99)
- General Membership (complimentary)