Our friends over at Radiator Springs have turned their home into a Halloween wonderland! The gang over in Cars Land has worked hard to make the spookiest scene for guests to join in on and it is something of beauty!
From zombie cars to spiderwebs everywhere you look, one of the most immersive lands in Disney California Adventure Park has gotten even better! In fact, it’s so good it’s SCARY! After Cars Land celebrated its first “Haul-O-Ween” last year, the silly spooks have only gotten stronger and have made their holiday available to even more people! Even though it is not a Halloween celebration, Ramone has set up an ofrenda to one of his favorite cars in one of our favorite and most touching parts of the decorations this year.
Check out these fun facts below to learn even more about Radiator Screams:
- Cars wear their favorite “car-stumes” for Haul-O-Ween– Mater dresses up as a “van-pire,” Lightning is a superhero, Cruz Ramirez is a pirate, Red the Fire Truck is a clown and DJ is a punk rocker.
- Sha-BOO! – This Haul-O-Ween, Cars Land is taken over by supernatural spirits each evening for a haunting Sha-BOO! Sheriff’s voice arrives on the scene to return the town to order and welcome guests to Radiator Screams.
- Trunk-or-Treating Tunes – The background music in Cars Land features a lineup of kooky Halloween-inspired songs.
- Scary the Scare-car – Greeting guests as they enter Radiator Screams is Scary the Scare-car. Guests hear the story about how Scary came to be while riding Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween.
- A Creepy, Crawly Cruiser – Spinning a web of mayhem at Flo’s V8 Cafe is a “terrifying” Spider-car. Guests need not fear though since this eight-legged friend is available for photos. The Haul-O-Ween designers repurposed a “Toadmobile” from Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride for this unique experience.
- Zombie Car Effect – An out-of-service car with an undead battery refuses to “rust in peace” as it attempts to come back to life in front of Lizzie’s Radiator Springs Curios. Contrary to popular rumor, these are not the remains of her beloved Stanley.
- Sarge’s Pump–kin Patch – Sarge is growing a patch of seasonal pump-kins. He plans on gifting these gas cans on a vine to his neighbor, Fillmore, to make some “organic fuel.”
- Fillmore’s Yard Art – Fillmore, the resident free spirit of Radiator Screams, adds his artistic touch to the Haul-O-Ween season. His most prominent piece is a wacky, kinetic sculpture: a spinning mobile of “jack-oil-lanterns.”
- Witchy Miss Lizzie – Flying over Cadillac Range is Old Witchy Miss Lizzie. Her curiosity shop, now appearing as if it belongs to a vintage witch, specializes in special Haul-O-Ween Boo-veniers!
- Disorder in the Court – Strange things are brewin’ over at the old courthouse. A mad scientist has hooked up jumper cables, giving the old building new life (with moving eyes in the window).
- Horn-O-Plenty – This mysterious artifact was unearthed on Haul-O-ween Night in 1936. Every year the residents of Radiator Screams bring it back to its rightful home and adorn it with seasonal gifts.
- Mater’s Junkyard JamBOOree’s Tunes – The tractors are spinning to beloved Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree songs as well as fun Haul-O-Ween themed takes on the popular songs Monster Mash(Monster Truck Smash) and Purple People Eater (Purple Fender Bender).
- Luigi’s Favorite Holiday – Luigi and Guido never celebrated Haul-O-Ween before moving to Radiator Springs. Now it’s their favorite holiday, and they’re inviting the cousins to come to celebrate for the first time. Their “Terror-antella” tells the story of Luigi and Guido building the town’s beloved Scare-Car, Scary.
- Ramone’s House of Body Art– While not part of Haul-O-Ween, Ramone is celebrating Day of the Dead at his detailing shop. Newly painted hoods, marigolds and a sugar car (named Sugar) decorate the outside. Inside, Ramone has built an ofrenda to celebrate the life of the town’s good friend, Doc Hudson. Items celebrating the life and career of the old racecar are on display.
- Brake’s Motel – Sally seasonally creates a themed miniature model of the Cozy Cone Motel out of seasonal candy displayed for all to see. It is on display in the lobby of the Cozy Cone Motel.
- Spiders – Guests will find 30 car-achnids lurking around Radiator Screams!
- Frightfully fun food and beverage– A tempting menu of Halloween food and beverage is available throughout Cars Land, including Candy Cone Pie (cream pie with vanilla, butterscotch, and white chocolate pudding) and Pumpkin Spice Shake at Flo’s V8 Café, plus a Slow-Burnin’ Mac and Cheese Cone and “Spokey”-Cone Macaron at Cozy Cone Motel.
What is your favorite part of Cars Land this year? What do you want to see in the future?