Disney Recipes: Chip’s Sticky Bun Cake – Garden Grill Restaurant at Epcot
Breakfast is the best. Let’s face it, a lot of breakfast foods are practically dessert and they are delicious.
For those who are lucky enough to be visiting Epcot in Walt Disney World, you can get breakfast at the Garden Grill Restaurant starting on November 8. For the rest of us who don’t live close enough to make the jaunt into Epcot (or just don’t want to wait until November) for breakfast, we have a new recipe courtesy of the Disney Parks Blog.
Disney Recipes: Chip’s Sticky Bun Bake – Garden Grill Restaurant at Epcot
Disney Recipes: Chip's Sticky Bun Cake - Garden Grill Restaurant at Epcot
- 1 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
Sweet Cinnamon Dough
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 ounce cake (fresh) yeast, crumbled (approximately 3 tablespoons loosely packed)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For cinnamon smear:
- Cream together margarine, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl after adding each egg. Mix well and place in refrigerator.
- Mix milk, confectioners’ sugar, softened butter and vanilla extract together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm bun.
Once you have recreated this breakfast that is destined to be a favorite, let us know how it went! We look forward to hearing about your Disney culinary adventure!