Those who have been frequenting Disneyland for several years may remember previous Mardi Gras celebrations that have been held in New Orleans Square. For Limited Time Magic this year, the New Orleans Bayou Bash! will be returning to New Orleans Square. The festivities will be held on the following dates:
- January 18-21
- January 25-27
- February 1-3
- February 8-12
According to the Disney Parks Blog, the lineup will be similar to previous years and look like this:
- Princess Tiana’s Mardi Gras Celebration – Princess Tiana, Louis and Prince Naveen make their way through New Orleans Square to the Rivers of America, where a musical celebration takes place featuring tunes from Disney’s “The Princess and the Frog.”
- Jambalaya Jazz Band – The popular band will perform their jazzy tunes along the streets of New Orleans Square.
- Royal Street Bachelors – This Disneyland favorite will be found at the French Market Stage, and will be joined throughout the day by Princess Tiana.
- New Orleans Traditional Jazz Band – Throughout the day, a rousing Mardi Gras procession will burst onto the streets of New Orleans Square. In traditional “second line” style, an umbrella dancer leads the mash-up of colorful performers and musicians.
- Character Greetings at Court of Angels – Princess Tiana will be greeting Disneyland park guests along with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy in their Mardi Gras finest.
As anyone who has visited New Orleans can attest, food is also a big part of this celebration. It makes sense that the same would apply at Disneyland. For the New Orleans Bayou Bash! there will be an array of offerings for guests to taste. The celebration of food will be available seven days a week during the entire celebration. Here are a few things that will be added to the menus during the New Orleans Bayou Bash!:
- Harbour Galley:
- shrimp cocktail with jicama-mango slaw
- Louisiana-style lobster roll on buttered brioche
- French Market Restaurant:
- shrimp corn fritters
- gooey cupcakes (red velvet or chocolate)
- Royal Street Veranda
- hot apple fritters
- Mint Julep Bar
- Bananas Foster beignets with caramel dipping sauce
- Cajun and firefly-inspired Mint Julep
- Blue Bayou
- Bayou Bouillabaisse with lobster, shrimp, red snapper, mussels and littleneck clams in a saffron-seafood broth
- apple fritters a la mode with vanilla bean ice cream
- Cafe Orleans
- “Fat City” Bass featuring pan-seared bass, cauliflower-potato cake, mango-pineapple relish and a dash of Scotch Bonnet pepper sauce
Check the Disneyland guide when entering the park on any of the days mentioned above for specific times and locations for the various offerings. Here is a video from last year’s bash: