ANAHEIM, Calif., June 5 2012 – Adventures by Disney®, the award-winning specialist in family vacations, invites guests on the ultimate Southern California adventure with “Lights…Camera…Magic!” During this daylong guided group excursion, starry-eyed guests will become immersed in the magic of Disney and history of Hollywood.
Led by two Disney-trained Adventure Guides, guests will feel like celebrities themselves as they breeze along bustling Hollywood Boulevard, visit the ritzy shops of Rodeo Drive and even walk in Walt Disney’s footsteps.
From the departure point of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at Disneyland Resort, guests board a luxury motor coach for their one-day adventure. After a day of VIP attention, the tour concludes with an evening reception. Highlights include:
- The Hollywood & Highland Center or Grauman’s Chinese Theater (based on tour date). Guests will visit the Hollywood & Highland Center, home of the legendary Academy Awards OR call at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, on the historic Hollywood Walk of Fame best known for its extensive array of celebrity footprints and handprints. Both venues anchor vibrant Hollywood Boulevard.
- Hollywood’s Famed Sunset Strip. Cameras poised? Guests will catch a glimpse of such famous spots as Chateau Marmont and also Whisky a Go-Go – since its opening in 1964 a landmark of the LA rock scene.
- Beverly Hills. Get your glam on. Rodeo Drive is the spotlight here, world-famous for its haute couture boutiques attracting the rich and famous.
- The Original Farmers Market & The Grove. Steeped in Hollywood history, the original Farmers Market at Third & Fairfax serves up great shopping and an amazing array of restaurants – all in an authentic atmosphere which offers family fun. And just a short trolley ride away is the fabulous open-air shopping center, The Grove. It’s not unusual seeing celebs in the Market or imagining Walt Disney himself strolling among the stalls or dining on the patios. Legend holds that the Market’s layout inspired Walt to put pencil to paper in drafting early designs for the theme park that would come to be known as Disneyland.
- The Walt Disney Studios. Guests will get an exclusive tour of The Walt Disney Studios — which is both a working studio and the headquarters of The Walt Disney Company — followed by a special evening reception in Legends Plaza, where Disney’s many gifted animators, Imagineers, songwriters, actors and business leaders have been honored.
- Surprises. Special treats and surprise items are offered throughout the day.
Along the way of “Lights….Camera…Magic,” guests will enjoy “magical moments” – including fun Junior Adventure activities designed especially for younger guests. Tours are offered on selected week days (varies by season), departing at 8:30 a.m. and returning at approximately 7 p.m). For dates, pricing, availability and reservations, guests may call 866/363-4763.
About Adventures by Disney
Launched in 2005, Adventures by Disney provides immersive, hassle-free and unforgettable group guided-family vacation experiences to destinations in Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Australia. Families traveling with Adventures by Disney receive exceptional service while taking part in extraordinary experiences at locations including: the South African plains, the great cities of Europe, North America’s national parks, the ancient monuments of Egypt, Costa Rica’s rich rainforest, the ruins of Pompeii and Machu Picchu, Australia’s outback and the Great Wall of China.
Over the last six years, the brand has been recognized by numerous travel organizations for its excellence in family tourism and was ranked #1 among Tour Operators and Safari Outfitters for Families in Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best awards 2011 readers’ survey.
With Disney-trained Adventure Guides, engaging activities, VIP experiences and personal touches throughout,Adventures by Disney excites and delights everyone. Visit www.AdventuresbyDisney.com, call 877/728-7282 or contact a travel agent.