The holidays bring lots of special treats to the Disneyland Resort. These treats add another dimension of magic to any trip to the Disneyland Resort (or any other Disney Theme Park). One of these treats to add that magical layer to your palate is Champurrado Casero. This year, you can bring some of the magic into your own home for the holidays with this recipe that has been provided by the Disneyland Resort.
Champurrado Casero – Disneyland Park
Serves 4 to 6
5 cups milk
10 ounces instant Mexican hot chocolate mix such as Abuelita or Ibarra
2 1/2 cups cold water
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup masa harina
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine milk and Mexican hot chocolate mix in a blender; blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine cold water, brown sugar, masa harina, and cloves in a medium saucepan off of the stove. Whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Place pan over medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until very thick approximately 10 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in chocolate milk mixture until completely combined; simmer 5 minutes more, whisking constantly to avoid burning.
- Serve immediately.
Cook’s Notes: Masa harina (literally means “dough flour”) is flour made from dried masa.
Create your own holiday treat and share how it turned out below!
Latest posts by Mr. DAPs (see all)
- Disney Store to Unveil New Product Collections and Collectibles at D23 Expo 2017 - June 23, 2017
- Ron Howard Takes Over Directing Duties for Han Solo Movie [UPDATED] - June 22, 2017
- Disneyland Summer Fun – Geeks Corner – Episode 638 - June 20, 2017