With the return of holiday time at the Disneyland Resort, also comes the return of Disney ¡Viva Navidad!. Located at the Paradise Gardens in Disney California Adventure Park, this bright and festive celebration brings forth a great menu with many Latino culture inspired dishes. Disney Parks Blog gave some great insight on the menu. Here is what your taste buds have been waiting all year for.
- Torta al Pastor – Fresh made telera bread with al pastor pork, chorizo beans, lettuce, avocado mash, and crema served with tortilla chips and salsa
- Sopes De Barbacoa – Sopes with barbacoa, chorizo beans, cabbage, cotija cheese, and crema served with achiote rice, tortilla chips and salsa
- Street-style Tacos – Three barbacoa soft corn tacos garnished with cilantro and onion served with achiote rice, tortilla chips and salsa
- Ceviche – Fresh fish and shrimp marinated in citrus juices, cilantro, onions, and chiles served with a side of tortilla chips and salsa
- Chicken Mole – Roasted chicken topped with chocolate-infused smoked chili sauce with achiote rice, corn salad and a side of tortillas
- House-made Pozole – Mild chile and pork stew with hominy and oregano served with tortilla chips
- Buñuelos with Cajeta – Two golden-fried flour tortillas dusted with cinnamon sugar, served with a side of cajeta
- Sweet Tamales – A pair of traditionally-made sweet tamales with pineapple and golden raisins
- Champurrado – Traditional Christmas-time Mexican hot chocolate made with chocolate, milk and cornmeal
- Kids’ Cheese Quesadilla – A whole-wheat tortilla with melted cheese, carrots, sliced apples, and a choice of small low fat milk or small Dasani water
- Kids’ Power Pack – Includes Dannon Danimals yogurt, a petite banana, whole-grain “fish” crackers, carrots, sliced apples, and a choice of small low fat milk or small Dasani water
Featured ¡Viva Navidad! Beverages:
- Red Sangria
- Negra Modelo
Which of these items would you like to try? My favorite is the Buñuelos with Cajeta and a warm glass of Champurrado! Mmmm!