When the Disney Wish makes its inaugural voyage on July 14th, there will be a lot of sweet treats and experiences for guests to enjoy aboard Disney Cruise Line’s newest ship. For those looking for some literal sweet treats, Inside Out: Joyful Sweets will have a plethora of options. They will range from gelato and ice cream to candy and novelty treats that are all for purchase. A different kind of sweet is spending time with Olaf and other Frozen friends for a picnic at Olaf’s Royal Picnic. Luna will offer another type of sweet in the form of a two-story LED screen wall, stage, and bar with lots of different activities to experience.
Check out all of the different options that will be available aboard the Disney Wish below. The Disney Wish recently was floated out of its drydock where it was being constructed. Soon it will make its way across the Atlantic and to Florida for its first voyage with guests aboard.
Inside Out: Joyful Sweets
Inside Out: Joyful Sweets will emphasize the sweeter side of life. In this dazzling dessert shop inspired by the Pixar film, guests will find an abundance of handmade gelato, ice cream, candy and novelty treats for purchase. This brightly colored wonderland, designed to resemble the control center inside 11-year-old Riley’s mind where her emotions guide her through everyday life, will feature sculpted figures of the film’s five main characters and glowing Memory Orb light fixtures.
The shop will offer nearly 40 flavors of gelato and ice cream, with daily handcrafted gelato specials in decadent combinations like peanut butter pretzel and white chocolate raspberry. Whipped cream, fruit compotes and sauces will be freshly made in-house to complement a wide selection of tasty toppings.
Signature treats inspired by the film will include colorful cupcakes that evoke the five emotions — Joy (lemon), Sadness (blueberry), Disgust (pistachio), Anger (red velvet) and Fear (bubble gum) — and chocolate Memory Orbs filled with sweet candy remembrances. Specialty macarons and cake pops will join the assortment of handcrafted truffles, designer cookies, indulgent brownies and vibrant candy offerings.
Olaf’s Royal Picnic
For the first time ever, guests can join their favorite “Frozen” friends for a summertime picnic in Arendelle during a premium entertainment experience specially designed for families with children ages 3 to 12. At Olaf’s Royal Picnic, guests will interact with Olaf, Anna, Elsa and Kristoff like never before and delight in live musical performances of beloved songs like “Let It Go,” “Fixer Upper” and “In Summer.”
Under the expert direction of Baroness Dagmar Birgir — a lively lady-in-waiting to Queen Anna — castle staff will serve up delicious summer treats and picnic fare for the whole family to enjoy. The hall will be decked out in summer splendor just for the occasion, with a canopy of colorful flowers among the festive decor. Children will receive an assortment of gifts and keepsakes, including a reversible troll plush, themed picnic blanket and custom Nordic-style mandolin, which they’ll need for a special “Reindeer(s) Are Better Than People” strum-and-sing-along with Kristoff. What’s more, from royal proclamations to unexpected visitors, the show will be jam-packed with surprises worth melting for.
Guests who have booked a Disney Wish cruise may reserve Olaf’s Royal Picnic before their sailing for an additional fee.
Immersive Storytelling and Interactive Shows
As previously announced, Disney Cruise Line is combining innovative design and technology to create the next generation of family entertainment venues aboard the Disney Wish: Grand Hall, Luna and Hero Zone. These imaginative environments will come to life with immersive storytelling and interactive shows that put families front and center as they play a part in the magic.
The fairytale castle-inspired Grand Hall will evolve from a gathering space into an enchanting theater through the magic of built-in special effects and the first-ever atrium stage on a Disney ship.
• A royal greeting will await families as they enter the glittering Grand Hall for the first time. Every child will receive their very own wishing wand upon embarkation, which they will use to make the “First Wish” of their vacation during a special boarding celebration.
• During the sailing, families can attend a royal gathering of magnificent proportions as Disney Princesses descend into the Grand Hall to meet and greet with guests.
• The Grand Hall stage will conceal a host of Disney friends during “Who’s Behind the Curtain?”, a playful game show where guests answer questions to reveal the identity of hidden characters.
• On the final night of every sailing, cruisers will return to the Grand Hall and raise their wands with Fairy Godmother to ignite a spectacular farewell show featuring favorite characters, special effects and lively performances.
This brand-new entertainment hub — outfitted with a two-story LED screen wall, stage and bar — will offer a variety of live shows designed for families to laugh, sing and compete together.
• “Villains Game Night” is a witty game show where guests will attempt to answer Disney trivia questions amid the jeers and sneers of nefarious Disney foes, including Cruella de Vil, Gaston, Hades, Maleficent and more, who will join on screen.
• “Disney Songbook” will put guests in the spotlight as they belt out Disney songs and showcase their star talent for a live camera crew, who will project each performance onto the big screen.
• During the live grand finale event for Disney Uncharted Adventure, an all-new interactive experience that uses guests’ mobile devices to unlock hidden adventures aboard the ship, families will team up with other cruisers to battle an infamous Disney villain.
Introducing a completely new category of active family play to the Disney Cruise Line portfolio, Hero Zone is a futuristic sports arena where physical activity will blend with imagination, offering highly produced show experiences in addition to free-play sports.
• Families will test their strength, speed and stamina during the Incredi-Games, a high-energy game show featuring an elaborate obstacle course of over-the-top physical challenges, each inspired by the dynamic characters of Pixar’s “The Incredibles.”
• Now with more fanfare than ever before, the guest-favorite Disney Cruise Line experience Jack-Jack’s Incredible Diaper Dash will offer terrific tots the chance to compete for the coveted title of Diaper Dash Champion as they speed-crawl across a 20-foot track amid the cheers (and chuckles) of family, friends and adoring fans.
More Fun Throughout the Ship
In true Disney Cruise Line fashion, the Disney Wish will offer a robust menu of world-class entertainment infused with more Disney storytelling, bringing to life the fantastical worlds and beloved characters at the heart of Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars adventures like never before. Families will
embark on a splashtacular adventure with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse aboard the first-ever Disney attraction at sea; revel in a royal celebration during a theatrical dining experience with “Frozen” friends; team up with the Avengers on a Marvel cinematic dining adventure; travel to a galaxy far, far away in a first-of-its-kind Star Wars experience on board a Disney ship; delight in an original, Broadway-style theatrical production of “The Little Mermaid”; and so much more.
What do you think of all of these offerings aboard the Disney Wish? Which one are you most excited about? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below! The Disney Wish will begin taking guests aboard on July 14th with three- and four-night cruises to Nassau, Bahamas, and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay, from Port Canaveral, Florida.
Book your next Disney cruise through Mouseways Travel, the official travel partner of DAPS MAGIC!