New Year’s Eve at the Disneyland Resort is always an exciting (and often packed) place to be. There is something extra magical about starting a new year off at the Happiest Place on Earth! While last year nobody was able to ring in the new year at Disneyland Resort, this year there will be plenty of ways to celebrate for guests. On top of the normal entertainment that can be found throughout the Disneyland Resort (weather permitting), there will also be extra entertainment offered to both enjoy watching and also celebrate the countdown to midnight.
Guests visiting the parks this week can already see signs of the celebrations being assembled. If this year is similar to previous years, there will be DJs at all of the countdown celebration locations. They will be occasionally joined by Disney characters throughout the celebration. Fireworks often also help ring in the new year above the skyline of Pixar Pier (best viewed from the World of Color viewing area). These currently have not been announced, however. New Year hats are often passed out as well throughout the park.
Below is a look at the entertainment and countdown offerings that are currently shown on the Disneyland website that will be offered throughout the Disneyland Resort for New Year’s Eve. Take a look at what will be offered and then share what you are most excited about!
- New Year’s Eve Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks Spectacular – 9:00 PM & 12:00 AM
- New Year’s Eve Countdown Celebration at “it’s a small world” – 7:30 PM – 1:30 AM
- New Year’s Eve Countdown Celebration at Rivers of America – 7:30 PM – 1:00 AM
- New Year’s Eve Countdown Celebration at Sleeping Beauty Castle – 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM
- New Year’s Eve Countdown Celebration in Tomorrowland – 7:30 PM – 1:30 AM
Disney California Adventure
- New Year’s Eve Countdown Celebration at Paradise Gardens Park – 9:00 PM & 12:00 AM
- New Year’s Eve Countdown Celebration in Hollywood Land – 9:00 PM & 12:00 AM
What do you think of the Disneyland Resort’s New Year’s Eve offerings? Are you going to be there? If so, where will you ring in the New Year? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!