Eighty years ago, the world was introduced to an all-new kind of superhero. To celebrate eight super decades of fun, Disneyland Resort has given us eight ways to enjoy it all! Here’s how you can take on this summer’s heroic offerings!
1. Help Rocket and the Guardians of the Galaxy break out of the Tivan Collection in Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! AP Bonus: Annual Passholders can enjoy an extra hour at the attraction after park closing, beginning Aug. 25 to Aug. 31. Plus, take home a special lithograph! One per passholder while supplies last. Blockout dates apply.
2. Power-up your plate – All that heroism making you hungry? To quench your thirst, Fanta Orange Freeze with Blue Cream is returning to the Studio Catering Co. And keep your eyes peeled for an exciting way to experience everything this truck has to offer! Or sip on the Be Brave, Be Blue cocktail, with Vodka* and Blue Raspberry Lemonade at Hollywood Lounge. While at the Lounge, pick up fresh-baked sourdough Groot-shaped bread! At Award Wieners, indulge in Super Hero-inspired, cinnamon-sugar dusted Funnel Cake Fries with Maple Glaze, Crumbled Bacon, and Chocolate Cookie Crumbles. These specialty items will be available August 23 through Sept. 2.
3. Encounter Super Heroes – Experience an epic encounter with legendary Super Heroes like Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Captain America and Spider-Man in Hollywood Land throughout the day. You also may run into Star-Lord and Gamora on their way to the Milano for the Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off!
4. Grab a piece of the action – Head to The Collector’s Warehouse starting Aug. 9 for commemorative tees and headwear, as well as other Super Hero-themed merchandise.
5. Suit up and smile – Mickey Mouse and the gang are suiting up with special costumes!! Starting Aug. 9 to Sept. 2, be on the lookout for some favorite Disney characters cosplaying as Super Heroes.
6. Put your fearless “face” forward – Stop by one of the face painting stations for a courageous make-over. Guests of all ages can select from a variety of different fierce designs. Will you go “Power Green” for the Hulk? Or will “Spidey Red” bring out the Spider-Man in you?
7. Strike an epic pose – Step into an “Avengers Assemble!” comic book and flex those smiles. In this oversized photo backdrop, you’ll be one of the Super Heroes! Keep your eyes peeled around the Hollywood Backlot for this epic photo location. It will be available Aug. 9 through Sept. 2.
8. Activate your inner artist – Receive step-by-step instructions from a Disney artist on how to draw Super Heroes! Drawing classes will take place at Animation Academy during select times on Aug. 10, 17, 24, 30, 31 and Sept. 1. To add to the fun, you can take home your sketch as a souvenir!
If you happen to be visiting Disney California Adventure park for the actual 80th anniversary on Aug. 31, guests will be treated to a commemorative button upon entry into the theme park, while supplies last.