Avengers: Infinity War is a movie that has been ten years in the making. All of the movies before have been leading up to this epic battle with Thanos. Now, the Avengers are facing the destruction of half of the universe. They are also potentially facing their own destruction as Thanos collects the infinity stones. This movie brings together most of the heroes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe for the most exciting adventures yet. This is a movie of heart, adventure, and sacrifice.
This is a movie that looks absolutely beautiful on the big screen and the small one. One of the challenges of a movie like this is the characters that are coming together each have their own distinct visual style. The Russo brothers, who directed this movie, were able to create a look for the film that unites all of these stories. The effects are absolutely incredible as they take the characters throughout the galaxy. The sound effects and music that accompany the visuals are equally impressive. Both of these come together to compliment the narrative that is being told.
The extras included with Avengers: Infinity War were incredibly enjoyable to watch and review. There is an impressive collection of bonus features that are all worth watching. As with any good collection of extras, there is a wish for more once finished watching them. A couple of the highlights was the digital exclusive Directors’ Roundtable and also the audio commentary that accompanied the movie. Definitely check these out and then let me know what was your favorite!
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Strange Alchemy (5:08)– Share the thrill of characters from across the MCU meeting for the first time—and discover why some were teamed up together.
- The Mad Titan (6:34) – Explore the MCU’s biggest, baddest villain, his trail of influence through the stories, and the existential threat he represents.
- Beyond the Battle: Titan (9:36) – Dive into the climactic struggle on Thanos’ ruined world, including the epic stunts and VFX, to uncover the source of its power.
- Beyond the Battle: Wakanda (10:58) – Go behind the scenes to find out how the filmmakers pulled off the most massive and challenging battle Marvel had ever attempted.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (10:07)
- Happy Knows Best (1:23) – Tony and Pepper spar over the details of their upcoming wedding—until a hassled Happy Hogan pulls up with an urgent request.
- Hunt for the Mind Stone (1:24) – On a darkened street, Wanda Maximoff and the wounded Vision attempt to hide from Thanos’ brutal allies.
- The Guardians Get Their Groove Back (3:20) – As Peter Quill and Drax quarrel over their failed mission to Knowhere, Mantis interrupts with news.
- A Father’s Choice (4:00) – Thanos confronts Gamora with a vision from her past—and with lying to him about the Soul Stone.
- Gag Reel (2:05)– Watch your favorite Super Heroes make super gaffes in this lighthearted collection of on-set antics.
- Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
- A Directors’ Roundtable (approx. 32 min.) – Eight amazing directors reflect on how their movies contribute to the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s larger storytelling adventure.
Avengers: Infinity War is an incredible movie that I have been really looking forward to reviewing. I’m pleased to report that it didn’t disappoint. This is a movie that can be watched over and over again with new things discovered each time. It takes every character to a new place. The Marvel Cinematic Universe will never be the same moving forward. There are a whole new set of questions and new theories that will be developed until the follow up comes out next year. Thankfully, there is a solid collection of bonus features that also add to the discussion. I look forward to watching this multiple times in the coming months ahead of the next film. Definitely get this to add to your movie collection, you won’t regret it!DAPS MAGIC was given an experience or product free of charge to review that was used for this coverage. The opinions given in this review were that of the reviewer. There are no claims of being an expert. This is simply a review given with honest opinions.