LADY AND THE TRAMP II: Scamp’s Adventure – Special Edition tells the story of what happens after the original Lady and the Tramp. Lady and Tramp are settled and have their own puppies now, including a young pup named Scamp. He is definitely a handful. He hates rules and wants to rebel. This is exactly what he does and soon finds himself heading for trouble. Along the way he also falls in love and learns a life lesson or two.
Picture and Sound:
LADY AND THE TRAMP II: Scamp’s Adventure – Special Edition looks and sounds just fine. I personally don’t think it holds a candle to the original but that could also be my distaste for this movie seeping into my appraisal a little bit. They do get a lot right in terms of the look and sound for this movie. However, that doesn’t overcome the shortcomings of the movie itself.
There were a few bonus features included with LADY AND THE TRAMP II: Scamp’s Adventure – Special Edition. These include:
- The Making of Lady and the Tramp II: From Tramp to Scamp – This is a suprisingly decent making of featurette about how this flick was made and how they attempted to remain true to the original movie.
- Audio Commentary – This covers a lot of what is said in the making of featurette and a little bit more. It isn’t a home run in terms of audio commentaries but it is another bonus feature and it could have been a whole lot worse. I think it just isn’t as good because of the making of is so much better.
- Puppy Trivia Tracks – Let’s face it, this is everything you ever wanted to know about dogs, Disney or otherwise. It also goes into the history of Scamp.
- Sing-Along Songs – Exactly what it sounds like, this showcases the songs so the little ones can sing with them.
- Bonus Shorts – Three Disney animated shorts featuring Pluto.
LADY AND THE TRAMP II: Scamp’s Adventure – Special Edition is a bit of a disappointment. It is a movie that really shouldn’t have been made. It just doesn’t meet the standards that one associates with the Walt Disney Company. Within seconds of hearing some of the voices I was turned off to it. It is really hard to make a movie this short feel so long but it has been done. I had hoped it was better than I remembered it being but it isn’t. This one just misses the mark and probably is better forgotten than added into your Disney collection. No hat tip for this one I’m afraid.