“Wishes” is Disney Cruise Line’s newest original stage show, presented exclusively aboard the Disney Fantasy. The stage spectacular combines a heartfelt story, an enchanting score and lavish production numbers. “Wishes” is a musical journey about three best friends who discover the secret to being a grown-up is staying connected to their inner child.
1,340-seat Walt Disney Theatre on the Disney Fantasy cruise ship. Featuring an elegant Art Deco style, the theater spans three decks and features orchestra and balcony seating. The state-of-the-art venue features the latest theatrical technology to help bring to life original productions and Disney stories in a whole new way.
Musical Numbers and Cast of Characters:
“The Ride of Our Lives,” an original song featuring original characters Kayla, Brandon, Nicole and ensemble
“Hakuna Matata” from “The Lion King” featuring Timon, Pumbaa
”I Wanna Be Like You” from “The Jungle Book” featuring King Louie, Jungle Book Monkeys
”Zero to Hero” from “Hercules” featuring Hercules, The Muses
”Honor to Us All” from “Mulan” featuring Mulan, Aunts
”Reflection” from “Mulan” featuring Mulan
”I’ve Got a Dream” from “Tangled” featuring Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Snugly Duckling Thugs
”I’ve Got No Strings” from “Pinocchio” featuring Pinocchio, Marionettes
”Kiss the Girl” from “The Little Mermaid” featuring Sebastian, Flounder, River Creatures
”Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride” from “Lilo and Stitch” featuring Lilo, Stitch, Surfers
”When You Wish Upon a Star” from “Pinocchio” featuring Kayla, Brandon, Nicole, Ensemble
”Breakthrough” from “Lemonade Mouth” featuring Kayla, Brandon, Nicole, ensemble and Disney characters
“Wishes” is presented on each sailing aboard the Disney Fantasy.
“Wishes” was produced by Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment, which has received acclaim for its productions around the world, including “Finding Nemo – The Musical” (Walt Disney World Resort in Florida), “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” (Disneyland Resort in California), “Twice Charmed” (Disney Cruise Line) and “The Golden Mickeys” (Hong Kong Disneyland and Disney Cruise Line).
- “Wishes” features the original opening song, “The Ride of our Lives.” Music by Marco Angel, Lyrics by Mike Himelstein and Dena Diamond.
- More than 18 different puppets are used in the show, including state-of-the-art mechanical and electro-mechanical full-body puppets.
- “Wishes” features approximately 290 costume pieces, 70 wigs, 75 hats and headpieces, and 115 pairs of shoes.
- The show includes 12 Disney characters (Pumbaa, Timon, King Louie, Sebastian, Flounder, Lilo, Stitch, Mulan, Hercules, Pinocchio, Rapunzel, Flynn Rider) and 25 performers.
- Two separate confetti drops blanket the audience during the show – colorful flower confetti during “Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride” and shimmering confetti embossed with an image of the Blue Fairy at the conclusion of “When You Wish Upon a Star.”
- Each performance of “Wishes” concludes with an indoor fireworks finale
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit http://www.disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact their travel agent.