Picture and Sound:
The bonus features included with Winnie the Poohseemed quite appropriate for this film. I personally would have enjoyed having more of the nuts and bolts, how to, features included but the general audience for this film will really enjoy what is included.
- Winnie the Pooh and His Story Too – This is an overview of the origins of Winnie the Pooh from A.A. Milne’s stories. It isn’t too in depth so it should be easy for most ages to watch.
- Deleted Scenes Introduced by the Directors – Exactly what the title implies, this feature offers five deleted or alternate scenes that didn’t make it into the movie at different levels of production.
- Bonus Shorts – This was my favorite bonus feature and includes The Ballad of Nessie and Minnie Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. The first was included with Winnie the Pooh when it was released in theaters.
- Disney Song Selection – This is a collection of songs to sing along with. This is great for families with the younger kids. And unless it is a karaoke party, the rest of us will probably gloss oer this feature.
- Creating the Perfect Winnie the Pooh Nursery – This feature will have even more limited appeal as it is for those who are expecting a little one and are looking to make a nursery that is Winnie the Pooh themed.
Winnie the Pooh is pretty much what you’d expect it to be, a heartwarming film with heartwarming moments and heartwarming characters that you love to love. The characters are endearing as ever and the animation is absolutely beautiful. At 63 minutes, it is a quick movie to watch. I did find myself wishing for a bit more as there was quite the build up and then suddenly it is over. Overall, this is a cute movie that will bring out the child in you. Whether this type of movie can hold up against the more upbeat and intense movies of today probably is still up to debate. However, this is the type of movie that Disney is known for. I do give it a hat tip and suggest that you go out and add this to you Disney library!