Star Trek fans have now been able to see the final episode of the final season of Star Trek: Picard. With the conclusion of this series came the introduction of a new ship that bears the name Enterprise. One of the final scenes in Star Trek: Picard gave fans the first look at the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-G. This push into the future with this iconic name comes after a blast from the past as other iterations of the Enterprise were seen throughout the season, including the Enterprise-F. There are spoilers for the final episode of Star Trek: Picard found below so proceed only if this isn’t an issue.
– SPOILERS –
In the final episode of Star Trek: Picard, the newest version of the Enterprise was revealed. Not only was the Enterprise-G unveiled, so was the command crew of this ship. First off, though, the ship. The Enterprise-G is the ship formerly known as the USS Titan-A. This is a Neo Constitution Class (or Constitution Class III) that was formerly captained by Liam Shaw. The ship is introduced to Admiral Picard, much in the way former versions of the Enterprise were introduced on the big screen to another famous Admiral connected with an earlier iteration of the ship. Jack Crusher said to Admiral Picard, “She’s been rechristened in honor of you and your crew. Names mean almost everything. Welcome to the Enterprise, admiral.”
The ship formerly known as Titan was a refit of the Titan that was under the command of Captain Riker. It has elements of the former Luna-class Titan in. This includes the warp coils, nacelle shield mechanism, and computer systems. Under Captain Shaw, the ship had completed thirty-six missions during a five year period.
The Command Staff of the USS Enterprise-G
The command staff of the USS Enterprise-G really came as no surprise to anyone who has been watching the third and final season of Star Trek: Picard. The ship is run by a new generation of Starfleet heroes that have earned their spots by helping Admiral Picard and the crew of the Enterprise-D save the galaxy from the Borg.
- Captain – Captain Seven of Nine was given command of the Enterprise-G after a recommendation from Captain Shaw before his demise. Captain Seven took command of the Titan-A after his death and helped buy Earth time while Picard was dealing with the Borg Queen and Cube.
- First Officer – Commander Raffaela Musiker, now a Starfleet hero due to a leak that revealed her role in saving the Federation, is the first officer aboard the Enterprise-G. This marks a return to Starfleet for Musiker, where she once served alongside Admiral Picard.
- Special Counselor to the Captain – Jack Crusher, now an ensign after being given an accelerated track in Starfleet.
- Helm – Ensign Sidney LaForge is at the helm of the Enterprise-G after formerly holding the position aboard the Titan-A.
- Tactical – Lieutenant Matthew Arliss Mura
- Communications (and possibly Ops) – Ensign Kova Esmar
There are other stations aboard the Enterprise-G that presumably have officers assigned to them. However, until there are more stories released about this ship, these positions remain unknown.
The end of Star Trek: Picard marked the end of one generation’s story and the beginning of another’s. Both of these generations ended up being associated with a ship by the name of Enterprise. Currently there is no announced future for the crew of the Enterprise-G. However, that could always change if there is a perceived demand for more stories with this new crew to be told. Minutes watched of Star Trek: Picard and also fan demand on social media could help the powers that be choose to make more Star Trek with the Enterprise-G.
What do you think of the Enterprise-G and her command crew? What did you think about her reveal? Would you like to see more stories told about this ship and this crew? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!