Today I’m thankful for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. I’ve been all over the place thinking about different things I’m thankful for, however, this is rising to the top today. As I think back over the last couple of days, this new land at the Disneyland Resort (and also Disney’s Hollywood Studios) has led to so many fun memories with friends.
Growing up watching Star Wars I always wanted to experience Star Wars in a bigger way. Since 1999 I have been at every opening night for a Star Wars movie simply because it was the biggest and best way to experience Star Wars with other Star Wars fans. Then Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge was announced and my imagination took things to a whole new level. This would be a way to experience Star Wars on an even bigger scale in a more immersive way. I remember sitting in the room at D23 Expo when this new land that didn’t have a name yet was announced. Without even really knowing what we were going to get, I was stoked! Fast forward several years later and I was among the thousands of Disneyland guests waiting to get into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge before the sun rose. Our group was part of the first group of people to walk into this new land. The feeling was electric and it will go down in history as one of my favorite Disneyland days to date!
There have been several moments that stand out to me that I’m so thankful for with Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. I could probably write a book about them but instead, I will use bullet points so this doesn’t get too long. When I think of moments I’m thankful for on Batuu, they include:
- Opening morning at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (including a chat with Josh D’Amaro)
- Seeing the Millennium Falcon for the first time (and then flying it!)
- Seeing Rey and Chewbacca walking around Batuu trying to recruit more members of the Resistance
- The first morning when Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opened, getting virtual boarding groups
- Visiting Oga’s Cantina the first time and then every time since with so many incredible people
- Seeing R2-D2 in the land for the first time
- Taking my neices and nephews to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Getting arrested by the First Order
- Enjoying the land ahead of Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite!
- Lightsabers (need I say more?)
- The first Ronto Wrap, and the second, and the third, and….
- Photoshoots of the land and in the land
- Watching fireworks from different places in the land
- Experiencing Star Wars every time I visit.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is such a wonderful addition to Disneyland (and Disney’s Hollywood Studios) and I’m so thankful that it is now a part of our Disney Theme Park experience. I love the imagination it inspires and the stories that are told there. I always look forward to my next visit and I look forward to seeing how it evolves in the coming years!
What are you most thankful for when you think of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge? Share your thankful thoughts in the comments below and join us as a part of our 24 Days of Thanksgiving!