While Shanghai Disneyland may not be opening yet, parts of the resort will soon be reopening. On the Shanghai Disney Resort website, it was shared that Wishing Star Park, Disney World Store, and also Blue Sky Avenue will be reopening on June 10, 2022. The reopenings will continue to observe health and safety protocols that are being observed by the resort and region.
Shanghai Disneyland, Disneytown, its two theme hotels, and the rest of the resort will continue to stay closed. No reopening date has been announced at this time. The resort has been closed since March when COVID-19 cases surged again in the region.
Below is the full post as seen on the Shanghai Disney Resort website:
Wishing Star Park, Disney World Store and Blue Sky Avenue will resume operations from June 10, 2022;
Shanghai Disneyland and Disneytown will continue to be temporarily closed, reopening date to be determined
Wishing Star Park, Disney World Store and Blue Sky Avenue at Shanghai Disney Resort will resume operations from June 10, 2022.
The two theme hotels in Shanghai Disneyland, Disneytown and the resort continue to remain temporarily closed, and the reopening time is to be determined.
During the reopening period, all areas of Shanghai Disney Resort that have resumed operations will have traffic restrictions and shortened operating hours: Wishing Star Park will operate from 9:00 to 17:00; Disney World Store will operate from 9:00 to 17:00. 19:00; Blue Sky Avenue operates from 8:00 to 19:00, and the opening hours of each area may be adjusted according to actual operating conditions. The boat rental service on the shore of Star Wish Lake will resume operations at the same time. Visitors can visit the official app of Shanghai Disney Resort to check the latest operational information.
Disney’s small car and tourist bus parking lots will also resume operations simultaneously on June 10, operating hours from 8:00 to 20:00, and will provide parking discounts before the reopening of Shanghai Disneyland: Monday to Friday, every day RMB 30 per time; RMB 50 per day on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. Selected car park benefits for Unlimited Diamond cardholders are temporarily unavailable during this period. The Disneytown parking lot will remain closed.
The health and safety of guests and cast members is always a top priority for Shanghai Disney Resort. After the resumption of operations, the resort will continue to strictly implement the epidemic prevention and control requirements, and take the latest operational measures in accordance with the guidance of relevant government departments:
– During the reopening period, all open areas will operate with limited traffic;
– All tourists must hold a green “Supply Application Code” and a negative nucleic acid test certificate within 72 hours (counting from the sampling time) before entering Shanghai Disney Resort. We strongly recommend that tourists register and apply for a “Suishen Code” in the “Suishanban” app, “Suishanban” WeChat applet or “Suishanban” Alipay applet before arriving at the resort to ensure smooth entry into the resort. Tourists without smartphones, including the elderly and children, can apply for a “relative application code” on these platforms through their accompanying relatives. In addition, tourists who meet the application requirements can also apply online through the “One-stop Service” platform to apply for a paper version of the offline “Sui Shen Code”. Visitors who use the offline “Suishen Code” must present their original valid ID documents at the same time, and can enter only after the performers scan the offline “Suishen Code” at the scene and can check a valid nucleic acid test certificate. According to the requirements of relevant government departments, tourists who fail to present the “accompanying application code” and a valid negative nucleic acid test certificate (including those who only hold a nucleic acid sampling certificate within 24 hours and no negative nucleic acid test certificate within 72 hours) as required above will not be allowed to Please understand when entering the resort;
– When entering Shanghai Disney Resort, all visitors must also scan the “Venue Code” and show the green code to the cast and crew, or show the “Applying Code” to be scanned and verified by the cast and crew to be valid information. When entering different areas of the resort (including Wishing Star Park and the Disney World Store), visitors may also need to scan the “Location Code” for each area again;
– All visitors entering Shanghai Disney Resort must still undergo a temperature check upon arrival;
– All visitors must wear masks at all times during their stay in Shanghai Disney Resort, regardless of indoor or outdoor (except when dining only);
– All visitors must strictly abide by social distancing requirements and keep a safe distance of one meter when queuing or dining;
– All visitors are encouraged to maintain good personal hygiene;
– All cast members, Disneytown tenant employees, and third-party vendors will conduct regular nucleic acid testing, antigen testing, and temperature checks and records in compliance with government requirements;
– The resort will continue to Strengthen sanitation and disinfection measures and increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfection.
What do you think of the reopenings of part of the Shanghai Disney Resort? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!