Disney has introduced a new service that will be replacing the former Fastpass, Fastpass+, and Maxpass at its domestic Disney Parks. Disney Genie Service, or simply Disney Genie, is a new service that will help guests get the most out of their day at Disney. The service itself is free but there are additions that can be purchased as well. The new technology that is a part of Disney Genie will help guide guests through the parks, spend less time in line, and get to experience even more magic.
Disney Genie will be built right into the Disneyland and My Disney Experience apps. Disney Genie will help each guest with a personalized itinerary feature to help simplify the day by mapping it out so guests don’t have to figure out what is next all the time. Guests will be able to tell Genie what they want to do and Genie will help make the plan for those things to happen.
Here are a few features Disney has shared that Disney Genie will be able to offer to guests:
- Get Itinerary Updates from Morning to Night: Disney Genie will continue to update your itinerary throughout your day, so you can be more spontaneous and go with the flow.
- Find Your Favorites at a Glance: Create your very own personal tip board to instantly see your favorites. It will display current AND forecasted future wait times, helping you predict when you might experience quicker entry to attractions.
- Enjoy More Flexibility and Fun: Disney Genie brings existing planning features together in one place. Join a virtual queue at certain attractions, make dining and experience reservations, mobile order food at many locations, get help from a virtual assistant and more.
Disney Genie+ and Lightning Lane
There are also two paid options for guests to utilize if they would like. This will gain them access to the “Lightning Lane” entrance, which was formerly what was known as Fastpass entrance. The options are as follows:
- Disney Genie+ service (available for purchase): For the price of $15 per ticket per day at Walt Disney World Resort and $20 per ticket per day at Disneyland Resort, choose the next available time to arrive at a variety of attractions and experiences using the Lightning Lane entrance. You can make one selection at a time, throughout the day – from classics like Haunted Mansion to thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (attractions subject to limited availability). This convenient option is the next evolution of the fan-favorite Disney MaxPass service from Disneyland Resort. Disney Genie+ will also include Disney parks-themed audio experiences and photo features to capture your memories – augmented reality lenses for those visiting Walt Disney World Resort and unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads from your day if you are visiting Disneyland Resort.
- Individual attraction selections (available for purchase): Schedule a time to arrive at up to two highly demanded attractions each day using the Lightning Lane entrance – like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park and Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure park (subject to limited availability; attractions not included with Disney Genie+). Pricing for this option will vary by date, attraction and park and will be announced closer to launch.
Lightning Lanes will be selected on the same day of a guest’s visit. They will also be able to be utilized at multiple theme parks. Disney suggests that it is particularly great for those with a Park Hopper option. While these new options do replace the FASTPASS, FastPass+, and MaxPass offerings in the Disney Parks, they will not impact the standby queues or virtual queues that are currently being offered. These new paid options are similar to a system that was recently unveiled at Disneyland Paris.
Disability Access Service (DAS)
The Disability Access Service (DAS) program is also being updated with Disney Genie. One of the new options will be for guests to enroll in the program ahead of their arrival. DAS participating will also be able to select attractions right in the app. These options will not replace the current in-person DAS program but rather enhance it. More details can be found on the Services for Guests with Disabilities page DisneyWorld.com and Disneyland.com.
Disney Genie Full Overview
More details about Disney Genie can be found at DisneyWorld.com/DisneyGenie and Disneyland.com/DisneyGenie or by watching the video below. In it, Gary Daniels, Vice President of Digital Experience gives a full overview of the program.
At this time, details for how to purchase Genie+ have not been released. DAPS MAGIC will continue to follow this story and provide more updates about this program and how it works as they become available.
What do you think of the Disney Genie? Are you excited about it? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!