Today marks the first week of Waffle Week over on the Disney Parks Blog! This week, the Disney Parks Blog will be celebrating the almighty waffle by highlighting different incarnations of it from around the globe in the Disney Parks. Along with all of that, a new recipe was shared that DAPS MAGIC is now sharing with you for your enjoyment. It comes from the Delicious Disney Sweet Treats cookbook. The recipe is for Chocolate Waffles with Espresso Frozen Mousse from Tamu Tamu Refreshments at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Give this recipe a try and then share with us in the comments below how it turned out! Also, make sure to stop by the Disney Parks Blog this week for a whole lot more waffle fun!
Chocolate Waffles with Espresso Frozen Mousse From Tamu Tamu Refreshments at Disney’s Animal Kingdom - GEEK EATS Disney Recipe
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons espresso or strongly brewed coffee
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 cup semisweet chocolate chips
For Espresso Mousse
- Place white chocolate chips into a medium heatproof bowl; set aside.
- Combine 1 cup heavy cream and espresso in a small saucepan over high heat; heat until very hot but not boiling. Pour hot cream over white chocolate chips, whisking until melted and smooth.
- Add egg yolks, whisking until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip remaining 3 cups cream to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold whipped cream into white chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Dollop mousse into a lightly greased muffin tin. Freeze until hard.
For Chocolate Sauce
- Whisk together heavy cream, sugar, water, corn syrup, and cocoa in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook, whisking often, until sugar is dissolved.
- Lower heat to low; whisk in chocolate chips until completely melted. Keep warm until ready to use.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
- Whisk together milk and egg in a separate bowl.
- Combine butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 seconds; remove from microwave and stir for 10 seconds, then microwave 10 seconds more. Remove from microwave and stir; if chocolate isn’t melted, microwave 10 seconds more.
- Add melted chocolate and butter mixture to milk and egg mixture.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Cook waffles in a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove espresso mousse from freezer and dip bottom of pan in warm water to remove mousse.
- Top warm waffles with frozen espresso mousse. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve immediately.
How’d your waffles turn out? Share in the comments below!